whose hotwired their bike?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
If I pull the tank up and unplug the ignition switch from the main harness....does anyone know which pins I need to jump in order to get the bike started?

this is only temporary

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
how do you lift the tank without lifting the seat.....for which you need a key?

Unless of course Motogiro has a solution for that one.....lol......which he probably does.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site

Unless of course Motogiro has a solution for that one.....lol......which he probably does.

you can access the cable and lever used to lock the seat with your hands under the tail. it's a bit of a squeeze, but I've done it when it partially seized on me

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site

Perhaps i'm too optimistic, but he can lift the seat, move the gas tank, remove the key from the seat switch, put it in the ignition, turn it, jump the bike, put the tank back in place, put the seat back ( no key required for that right? )

i would go for the much easier way of push starting the bike on 2nd gear though.

Edit :
I just re-read the original post and i didn't get the question correctly, please ignore ;)

Last edited:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, I did give a pretty good explanation as to why this needs to be done in the other thread lol

I realize that I wont be able to put gas in it, I have 1/2 tank, which is more than enough to get me to my parents house to get my keys.

I did realize that the seat has to come off in order to pull up the tank, I think I can pull the cable enough to release the latch, or try the above mentioned....

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
and if that doesn't work surely there is an FZ6 forum brother in the area who could lend a helping hand?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you have not locked your steering.

son. of. a. b!tch.

Im screwed.
Because I live in an apartment I ALWAYS leave my bike with the steering locked, a lock on the chain, which I have the key for, and the cover on it.....
the steering is definitely locked....

crap. :(

Edit: If I unbolt the switch from the steering stem will it unlock?

Last edited:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
isn't there a key code written somewhere?.....if you bought the bike from a dealership they should have the key code info.....

Last edited:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
since your key also fits your seat lock you might be able to use the code that should be on your seat lock.
Can you pop the seat without the key and go this route?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
the key code wouldnt be in any dealerships systems....the bike is not a US market bike....they had to call the fancy people from Yamaha in Japan just so I could get the TPS recall done...so Id imagine they would have to do the same for the key....but both my normal key and my spare are at my parents house 63 miles away... :(

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
son. of. a. b!tch.

Im screwed.
Because I live in an apartment I ALWAYS leave my bike with the steering locked, a lock on the chain, which I have the key for, and the cover on it.....
the steering is definitely locked....

crap. :(

Edit: If I unbolt the switch from the steering stem will it unlock?

Well, sorry for that. Trying to remove the lock itself will take a lot more effort (drilling/sawing etc). Since you have another key, I dont think it is worth the effort to do all that.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
You can't get a relative to come and bring you the keys? I think this might be your best bet
x2

My parents would bring the keys to me if I asked. And they also live about an hour away.

That or a buddy that'll give you a ride for a few cold ones or gas money. You're going about this the hardest way possible.

rankinx

Reaction score
Visit site
x2

My parents would bring the keys to me if I asked. And they also live about an hour away.

That or a buddy that'll give you a ride for a few cold ones or gas money. You're going about this the hardest way possible.

I wouldn't risk messing my bike up if don't have to. There's got to be an easier way. You didn't lose your celphone and keys in a bottomless ditch. Find a friend or something man, don't mess up your bike.

I would give you a ride if i could, but i'm sorry, this isn't really helping.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
is it technically stealing if its my bike? lol

I am kinda stuck getting a ride from a friend...my issue with that is I dont have gas money for him....thats why I was trying to avoid that so much...I dont get paid until next friday...