will these mods get me over 100hp?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone notice my sig???

"Racer friend said, "when you can take the corner at full throttle, now you can mod your engine!"" Sorry - couldn't help it. :spank:

Best bet are the Cams and ship the ECM off for remap of fuel and ignition advance changes. The lack of ignition advance is holding this engine back.

You could port the head but its very likely you loose torque on the bottom but gain a tiny itty bit back on the top.

Again - the question is what do you intend to do with it? Taking a peaky engine like the FZ and trying to squeeeezzzzzzzz more out of it is likely going to make it miserable to ride on the street.

For street riding I would want to increase low end torque. Maybe play with cam timing or R6 cams and the ECM remap. . .

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh - they like fresh air too!
Mod the nose to get some cold air into the airbox!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone notice my sig???

"Racer friend said, "when you can take the corner at full throttle, now you can mod your engine!"" Sorry - couldn't help it. :spank:

Best bet are the Cams and ship the ECM off for remap of fuel and ignition advance changes. The lack of ignition advance is holding this engine back.

You could port the head but its very likely you loose torque on the bottom but gain a tiny itty bit back on the top.

Again - the question is what do you intend to do with it? Taking a peaky engine like the FZ and trying to squeeeezzzzzzzz more out of it is likely going to make it miserable to ride on the street.

For street riding I would want to increase low end torque. Maybe play with cam timing or R6 cams and the ECM remap. . .

Me too as for wanting more tq thats why I want a custom ground r6 cam ground for a drag racing setup I found a place in the uk to get it but they are about $700 vs buying them off ebay for less then $50

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly if you "need something faster" etc, buy a bigger bike. Not sure i'd try and make the Fazer something it isn't, unless of course your loaded and can pay somone to do it, an R6 cam job is going to be a major PITA, keep in mind the chassis suspension and transmission were all set up for it being what Yamaha wanted it to, so theres always the risk it either won't work, or shorten your bikes life.

Add to that it's likely nobody here gets 70% of the potential out of an FZ6, is the 3 hp necessary? or should you actually be practicing riding technique?

I believe if you truely want to be "faster" spend your cash in the suspension on your FZ.... unless of course your just looking to race M3's at stoplights, then by all means, do what you will :rolleyes:

just my .02 :D

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
Nah Ive got similar mods and had the bike tuned by a pro and am putting out about 96hp...Unless you do some internals its very unlikely youll break 100 :( Ive gotta get an R1 I think!