Windscreen maintenance

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As you may know, my windscreen was severely damaged trying to remove a sticker on my windscreen. I was informed by our director of maintenance at work to try this product. It is used to clean and restore the finish on the windows of our helicopters, which are made of plexiglass. It comes in 3 different levels, depending on the severity or condition of the glass. I will let you know how it works.

novuspolish

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Without knowing how serious your scratches are - I bet you'll have good luck. I've used novus a bunch of times - "shaving" lenses for cars, clearing yellowed headlights, removing scratches from hemlet visors even. Like any of the plastic polishes - it's elbow work and time to get it done.

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
will this stuff work on plastic car bulb assemblies? There is definitely a difference in the left and right headlights on my cage, and i can't find anything that will work decently to clear them up....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
will this stuff work on plastic car bulb assemblies? There is definitely a difference in the left and right headlights on my cage, and i can't find anything that will work decently to clear them up....

Apprently so according to their website, like they said, it's the best kept secret. People pay big money to get things repaired by the professionals, when all the pro's probably just use this this product to get the plastic back to it's original condition.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

Yup - I've done with great results - made them look like new with about an hour's worth of work to do both front lenses.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Will it work with hand polishing or do you need a buffer?

I've always done mine by hand - usually with a some support under the cloth other than my finges - like you would use sanding wood.

Does it come with instructions? Are they good instructions?

Not much needed in the way of instructions - there are some on the bottle I think but it's essentially just a mutli-grit plastic polish system. Start somewhere (on the finer side I suppose) see how it goes and adjust from there - go coarser if it's not making decent progress where you start. Then sequence through the steps until it's polished.