Worst Mods Anyone?

D

D-Rock

clear LED tail light.. Ebay POS! I put mine back to stock the other night. The LED light looked more pink then red. I was scared people could not see it in the day time.

hardcore84

Reaction score
Visit site
clear LED tail light.. Ebay POS! I put mine back to stock the other night. The LED light looked more pink then red. I was scared people could not see it in the day time.

What was the name of the dealer on ebay? I'm looking to purchase something like this...

D

D-Rock

its not the one that is on ebay right now...

This one looks alot better than the one I got.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ600 FAZER 03-07 Signal LED Tail Light FZ-6 Item number: 280265841001

I wish I could remember. Is was about the same price. Let me look around and see if I can find it.

hardcore84

Reaction score
Visit site
its not the one that is on ebay right now...

This one looks alot better than the one I got.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ600 FAZER 03-07 Signal LED Tail Light FZ-6 Item number: 280265841001

I wish I could remember. Is was about the same price. Let me look around and see if I can find it.

I'm looking at the smoke version of the that auction (360087624595) but the seller is the same.

D

D-Rock

That one looks alot better then the one I had that used the stock housing. What a joke. The clear lens replaced the stock red lens. Then the LED was glued inside the housing. Then after I had it all put in, PINK! bad news... It's in the landfill now.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Ended up buying new head light mount, and 07 radiator guards(metal, not plastic like on 04-06 fz6), both in black.

:eek:

My 2006 FZ radiator guards are metal...painted them black myself...no problems as of yet...I wonder why they would have been plastic...I think even my brother's 2005 has metal radiator guards...

D

D-Rock

My 2006 FZ radiator guards are metal...painted them black myself...no problems as of yet...I wonder why they would have been plastic...I think even my brother's 2005 has metal radiator guards...

mine are metal. they saved my radiator once when my dad leaned my bike against and engine block on the shop floor. I was pissed. NOOB, was moving my bike around the shop from the right side. he didnt see that the kickstand got flipped up.

but yeah metal is better!:thumbup:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is one bad mod you can get with good intentions. Frame sliders that come with ****ty bolts. The bolt length may be different than the stock engine mount bolt. HOWEVER, it is very important that the number of threads on the new bolt and the engine bolt are the same. Otherwise, when you start torquing the new bolt, you may strip the threads on the engine mount.

Stewy:

Can you enlighten me as to the brand of which you speak? I bought some in expensive ones on Ebay with the FZ6 graphic on it. Are these the one you are talking about? Because I was going to torque them but when I started it just didn't feel right so I just tightened by hand.

I'm going to take them off and check those bolt lengths.

Do you have a recommended brand. I like the long ones.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Painting my headers black myself.

Should have just had them professionally done. To do is right yourself...Well actually you can't unless you have a oven big enough to cure the headers in.

Even then you would have to also have a sandblaster.

So unless you already have these things it is just cheaper in time and money to have a professional do it.