Wrecked yesterday

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Highsides hurt....lots! Thank god for gear, and be thankful that the FZ6 is one tough bike.....

Could not believe how well mine came out of a 120km/h highside...

Good luck with the re-build, and just a quick piece of advice, check your rear subframe......i reckon you will find it is slightly twisted.....as always seems to be the case when a Fizzer goes highside....it might only be slight, but i reckon you will find it is twisted....not hard to straighten with the right tool....a large wooden pole, and some "grunt" on your behalf!

:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So did you lock up the rear wheel with the rear brake mid-turn? If not, how did you highside? What were you doing immediately before you were ejected?

Glad you came out alright and I"m looking forward to the rebuild.

Just the thought of a crash has been giving me the heebie-jeebies recently, and if I did experience one first-hand, I'd probably be throught with motorcycling.

Recently? This is a long running theme of yours...not sure if you realize that. Just give it up already and go ride dirt or buy that sportscar :thumbup:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude frame sliders would've totally protected you from flying off the bike.

Just kidding. But seriously they could've saved some damage to the bike itself.

Good to hear you're okay! It's not about crashing, it's about surviving, physically and mentally.

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
So did you lock up the rear wheel with the rear brake mid-turn? If not, how did you highside? What were you doing immediately before you were ejected?

Glad you came out alright and I"m looking forward to the rebuild.

Yes, that is exactally how I highsided. In my sequence of events:

1. Realized to late, how sharp the turn was
2. Downshift, a possibility I actually kicked it down 2 gears (it keeps creeping into my mind, but I'm not sure)
3. Applied back break, apparently while letting out the cluch.

The guy behind me said the tire definitely locked up, caused all sorts of smoke. Though the skid mark in the road was probably only about 5ft long.

I learned a lot from it.

I started pulling it apart tonight. I will post up pictures in a bit.