Yamaha FZ6 Horn Problems

jhadel

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the horn on their bike? It works most of the time but sometime just chimes about 1/20 the normal sound. Any suggestions? I really want to make sure the horn works before traveling in heavy traffic. Thanks

Any suggestions?

Your missing this...

stebelairhorn.jpg

"139db of ear piercing goodness"

But in all seriousness. Check the horn for moisture and that the connections are good. Also, if that doesn't fix it, pull the control box on that houses the horn switch apart. Clean with some electric spray and relube the plastic. Your contacts could be dirty.

Oh and :welcome:

(I'm on a role with these tonight.)

-bryan

Last edited:
Hells' to the yeah! The Stebel is a great and inexpensive mod! Well worth the money + it would solve your horn problem too! :thumbup:

A less expensive alternative to the Stebel is the Fiamm Freeway Blaster (low tone) horn. Easy to install in place of the OEM horn and it's LOUD. (a claimed 132db)

How much does one of these stebel horns cost and where can I find one? Thanks for all the help :Flash:

On the topic of loud horns...check out http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

These guys custom install frigging Train horns in vehicles and have shot a few videos of them blasting the unsuspecting public. I laugh my ass off each time I watch these guys!

I love Hornblaster's tag line; "Don't blow your temper, blow your horns"

A less expensive alternative to the Stebel is the Fiamm Freeway Blaster (low tone) horn. Easy to install in place of the OEM horn and it's LOUD. (a claimed 132db)

I have the same one too... It is quite loud.....:thumbup:

A bit off topic, I installed my stebel horn DIY, horn is working very fine...but i found my odo mileage rolled back ab 10k aft that, i know i disconnected the main power from batt when wiring for my horn but the odo ROM shall maintain the record even no power right? Anyone got similar experience before, if i disconnect will it roll back somemore again? :Flip:

BTW, how to set speed unit back to KPH? It has reset back to MPH aft power off

Last edited:
A bit off topic, I installed my stebel horn DIY, horn is working very fine...but i found my odo mileage rolled back ab 10k aft that, i know i disconnected the main power from batt when wiring for my horn but the odo ROM shall maintain the record even no power right? Anyone got similar experience before, if i disconnect will it roll back somemore again? :Flip:

That has nothing to do with the horn or disconnecting the battery.
Either your gauge is bad or you are remembering wrong.
I've had my speedo disconnected for a month and nothing changed.

On the topic of loud horns...check out http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

These guys custom install frigging Train horns in vehicles and have shot a few videos of them blasting the unsuspecting public. I laugh my ass off each time I watch these guys!

I love Hornblaster's tag line; "Don't blow your temper, blow your horns"

Hehehehe, I want one of them on the bike... :rof:

Don't think the cops would think too much of it though :spank:

:rockon:

Hehehehe, I want one of them on the bike... :rof:

Don't think the cops would think too much of it though :spank:

:rockon:

MP reckons i dont need a louder horn...she just throws jellybeans at people who give her the poops, when riding on the back of my beast! :eek:

Yeah the one thing that keeps playing up on my bike is the horn, but because im a mechanic i know how to fix it, the first time was a hammer, the second time was by throwing it on the ground a few times.

Yeah the one thing that keeps playing up on my bike is the horn, but because im a mechanic i know how to fix it, the first time was a hammer, the second time was by throwing it on the ground a few times.

The number one reason why you never buy a used vehicle from a mechanic !

Hey mike its the same way i fix most things,when the tv doesnt work smack it, when the girl friend doesnt work, leave her the hell alone cause if i hit her i dont think ill ever walk again, the biggest draw in my tool box is for my hammers.

Back