Year of mods, need help

domination2727

Shinigami
Reaction score
Visit site
So this is my year to mod my love a 2009 FZ6. So far I have headlights swapped to LED, battery swapped, brake & clutch lever swapped.
I have ordered or ready to be ordered foot pegs, exhaust system, ram mount for gas tank and phone holder/charger, completion works fender eliminator, LED turn Signals, power commander, speedohealer and block off plates.
I also really want to swap my mirrors for something nicer looking that would mount where my current ones are but haven’t found anything that works...
I think that’s all. I’m looking for suggestions to other things to mod, advice on mods planned. Give me your expertise friends!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So mods fit into 2 categories, Show and Go.

IMHO, the best Go mod that you can make is to do a fork mod. I will vouch for the R6 mod, and I believe Gary is a big fan of the RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators. While I'll bet we can have a spirited debate about which way is better, I will say that once you upgrade the stock forks, the difference in handling and overall ride quality is amazing.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
R6 forks are a better mod, but it requires some special parts and a good set of doner forks. Those forks will require new springs as well. The GVE’s are a commercial off the shelf mod, that also require new springs and modification to the damping rod. The GVE mod is easier to perform, the R6 forks are easier to live with.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So it looks like you have an S2, which would mean you did not need new front brakes.

Aside from the forks, you need to reach out to dako81 to get the needed spacer kit. If I remember correctly, there is some minor trimming of the front fender. Let me know if you plan to proceed. I have some detailed instructions I can send you.