10 Breathtaking Roads to Ride

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a posting of 10 amazing, twisty, breathtaking roads that would be awesome to ride on the Fizzer... or any other bike for that matter! :D

What do you all think?

Top 10 best roads to drive

I think that #6 (the Transfagarasan Highway in Romania) would be awesome!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm lucky enough to have ridden # 2 - Great Ocean Road, Australia.

Unfortunately there were bushfires at the time and it was covered in smoke and there were a lot of roadworks but, it was still an awesome road.

I've ridden my FZ6 on it and driven a Lancer rally edition car on it :steve:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm lucky enough to have ridden # 2 - Great Ocean Road, Australia.

Unfortunately there were bushfires at the time and it was covered in smoke and there were a lot of roadworks but, it was still an awesome road.

I've ridden my FZ6 on it and driven a Lancer rally edition car on it :steve:

I'm jealous. Maybe not about the Lancer, but it definitely would be cool to ride. Have you been back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S INFUSE using Tapatalk

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rode it last year with Prebstar and Wolfman (they took off and left me to ride it alone LOL) on the way back from our "Tour of Tassie". I didn't mind though. I LIKE my own pace :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
That road in China looks amazing! I've also seen that road in Romania. All look amazing, maybe someday I can cross at least one of those off the list.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
hard to pick one if asked!!!!!

For me all of them are really far and more of a dream than anything else, but awesome roads without a doubt :rockon:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hwy 36 from Red Bluff, Ca. to the coast gets my vote for one of the best.

IMG_0038-2.jpg

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hwy 36 from Red Bluff, Ca. to the coast gets my vote for one of the best.

IMG_0038-2.jpg

Nice. I think the remoteness of the road adds to the mystique of the top 10. There are tonnes of awesome roads in North America that could make this list...

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S INFUSE using Tapatalk

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Done #5, #8 and #10.... :rockon:

Maybe I should plan a trip to Romania and go for that road as well :cool:

Grtz,

Degake

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am from Romania and I can't wait for good weather to go on Transfagarasan again!! And last year a new road opened, named Transalpina, even better in my opinion. Rode both of them in 2 days last season. Can barely wait now, this will be my first trip for the season :)

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am from Romania and I can't wait for good weather to go on Transfagarasan again!! And last year a new road opened, named Transalpina, even better in my opinion. Rode both of them in 2 days last season. Can barely wait now, this will be my first trip for the season :)

Transalpina :drool:
i1fseg.jpg

:bow:

148km :jawdrop:

But I have to add that there are LOTS of gread roads in Northern Spain as well :thumbup: Many of these places are so isolated, you won't see a car in days :D:cheer:

Grtz,

Degake

Last edited:

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7EeYHTE_do]Transalpina 2011 - YouTube[/ame]
here's a short video from last year from Transalpina. Highest road in our country at more than 7000 feet. It was filmed by my girlfriend with my phone, wasn't on the nicest part even... Anyway I promise I will make a better one this year since I got my GoPro HD camera :)
p.s. you should keep your speaker volume low as the wind is real loud in this video

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Killer roads, thanks for the post.

What they missed was Spain in the Alecante region. I was lucky enough to attend a bicycle training camp there in 2004. The asphalt is PERFECT, tons of climbs and twisties, the women are stunning, the food is amazing a,nd the weather was perfect!

If I could move to Spain and have a job, I'd do it in a flash.

I love Spanish women, yet I'm married to an Italian...:thumbup: Just as passionate I suppose. But I digress...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Transalpina 2011 - YouTube
here's a short video from last year from Transalpina. Highest road in our country at more than 7000 feet. It was filmed by my girlfriend with my phone, wasn't on the nicest part even... Anyway I promise I will make a better one this year since I got my GoPro HD camera :)
p.s. you should keep your speaker volume low as the wind is real loud in this video

Romania totally rocks! I was there in 2005 with the US Army. We trained with your Scorpion Infantry Battalion. Totally cool Soldiers your country has. Well trained and like to PARTY. We hosted a Texas Barbecue for you, and your Soldiers love to party with my African-American Soldiers! Ask no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

We trained in Babadak (SP?) near Constanta.

A couple of our troops stayed, brought their families over and toured the Transavania. They loved it. They stayed with Romania Solider we met with.

When I was going to an from Iraq we stopped at MK airport and it always bought back good memories. :thumbup:

Some day I want to go back with my family and show them your beautiful country.