2003 r6 fender on the 2005 fz6 forks?

Giovanottojules

Reaction score
Visit site
2003 R6 FENDER ON THE 2005 FZ6 FORKS?
CAN IT BE DONE?

I don't want to swap to R6 forks. Please let me know. I believe they are the same mounting points although the forks are not exactly the same, but similar. Clearance issues also? Its only for looks. Thanks.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chill out, dude. A post, a PM, and an all-caps thread about this within the span of an hour. This cannot possibly be that urgent.

If someone knows, they'll answer you.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Recap:
An S1 fender does not bolt on to 02-03 R6 forks.
An S2 fender does not bolt on to 02-03 R6 forks.

With an adapter kit, both can be fitted to R6 forks.
Will an R6 fender fit an S1 fork? It might if you are willing to make some sort of adapters. But it clearly is not a direct bolt on!

Those run a 60 series profile tire, ours is 70 = taller. This may not help your cause.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the middle of a R6 fork conversion. My original fender is pretty beat up. So I'm thinking I'll pick up a R6 front fender instead of getting a FZ6 fender and then cutting it and all that. Getting ANY R6s or 03-04 R6 front fender would be a direct bolt on right?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Should be close. IIRC they run a 60 series profile tire. Ours 70 series is taller. I doubt it would be a factor.
The width may be off and need spacers. IYRC, the axle ends up short and caliper spacers are needed for the same wheel. Thus, ** I think ** our fork spacing is slightly wider.
Sounds like you will find out!