2009 Season goals

Great thread!

(1) Do another Iron Butt (BB1500, maybe a Great Lakes Challenge [around all the lakes in under 100 hours]).

(2) Ride with at least one other FZ6 owner.

(3) Ride at least 10,000 miles.

(4) Camp with the bike at least once.

(5) Ride in 10 different states.

(6) Take the MSF experienced riders course.

(7) Try and convince my wife to at least sit on the bike! (I've failed for years at this one; 1-6 are far more likely to happen).

(1) Another season without a wreck.
(2) Do a toy run.
(3) Learn to better maintain my bike.
(4) Learn as much as possible from the forum and pass the information along.
(5) Learn how to drag a knee "properly."
(6) Meet some FZ owners and possibly some forum members.

I really just hope that everyone has a safe riding season.

What kind of track bike are you thinking about Wavex? I was pricing R6s and R6S' on Ebay today, nothing looked too good today. I still want an 1125R so damn bad, I can taste it!

Yeah I haven't looked in detail yet, but I am thinking about an '03 or '04 600 SS... Gixxer would be my first choice, but the brand is less important than the $$ and state of the bike... I am planning to pull the trigger around March next year :) :thumbup:

1) at least 1 more trackday
2) perform the more complicated maintenance and suck up costs of tools
3) try to keep up the 1,000+ miles per month (weekend riding only) ps: SoCal guys - hit me up for a good 200-300 miles 1-day ride in Ojai!
4) Get my gf on her own bike with proper gear and training

In no particular order:
- Don't crash this year. Well, actually, this IS priority #1.
- Road trips to Florida and Vancouver, not at the same time!
- 2-3 day camping trip on the FZ. Wavex and I discussed this a couple of months ago, once the weather becomes consistently warm. Death Valley or maybe Arizona..
- Try even harder to get my wife to ride with me at least once. She used to ride a lot before we were married (25+ yrs.) but has only been on it once in the past 5 yrs. Grrrr.
- Get my lap times below 1:30 at Willow Springs. I just need to grow a set.

1. Motorcycle-camp as much as possible. There's great places just 30 miles from my doorstep, so I can ride home if I get cold, scared, or spill my pork-n-beans. :rolleyes: Seriousry, I want to strap some stuff onto Fizzer and explore the backroads in Idaho, Colorado, and Montana.
2. Install a damn electrical jack so I can use heated gloves/socks next winter!
3. Change my oil, just once, without getting a single drop on the driveway.
4. Polish and wax Fizzer.
5. Getting laid would be kinda nice... :cheer:

(1) Be safe.
(2) Become smoother in all aspects of riding (hey, I've only been at this a year)
(3) 10k+ miles (9k this year)
(4) Long ride to Alabama (meeting father for "Richard Petty Driving Experience" @ Talladega), with a stop by Skip Barber Museum.
(5) 2-3 trips to TX Hill Country
(6) Not FZ6, per se, but still riding: train and compete at Masters Track Cycling Nationals, and get the kids to Junior Track & Road Cycling Nationals.

1: Get my license ;D :thumbup:
2: Ride my bike to school whenever I can :D
3: Try to not show off and end up on the ground.. :spank:
4: Buy my first bike-mod, but noidea what its gonna be yet :confused:
5: Go ride with my dad on a long trip (Wisconsin or Devil's tail perhaps?)
6: Have a blast having my first full biking season!!!:rockon:

Back