2015 Daytona Bike Week. Day 1 (demo'd Moto Guzzi & Victory))

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently Moto Guzzi demos aren't new to Daytona, but this is the 1st time I see them there (they weren't around in 13 and 14). Aprilia was there too, but no demos :(

This was my 1st time riding Moto Guzzi bikes.
I got to ride V7 and California

attachment.php

attachment.php

V7: great looking bike (though looks are subjective). Feels lighter than it actually is.. very very light. LOADS of torque (it is a V-twin, after all). Transmission is smooth. Brakes and suspension are pretty good.

The overall feel though: love it or hate it and to put it mildly.. I did not love it. That odd cylinder setup causes the bike to lean / pull the the left as you get on the throttle... incredibly odd feeling. Terrible vibration too. It's a head turner full of charm, but smooth or comfortable it isn't.

California: different from V7, but not really. Obviously ergonomics are different.. this is a full-on cruiser with very funky floating floor boards to isolate the rider from the vibration (and they do a good job), but the handlebar.. OMG.. standing still.. you better hold on real loose.. this may be the only bike that vibrates more than a Harley, in a really odd, oscillating way. I think it looks great, as far as cruisers go, but I don't think I could ever be happy with that motor.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Victory Vision and Cross Country:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I won't talk much about these, since I rode both last year and I don't find anything different about either of them this year. These things are heavy and massive! They're outstanding at slow-speed maneuvers, very relaxed at any speed with complete wind protection.

They have their place and their purpose. If I was doing a cross-country trip or had a lady who loved to be a passenger, either of these bikes would work a heck of a lot better than my FZ1.