217 mph!

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
A new record was set over the weekend at Indy. With the improvements, one being opening up the turn onto the front straight, Pedrosa hit 216.8 mph as he headed down to the 'yard of bricks'. Pretty cool!!!

Read more here -

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm guessing Stefan Bradl had slowed slightly when he crashed out of the race at the end of the straight but he sure slid a long, long way! Then, got up and walked away!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing. I can't imagine going that fast.

Any idea how long the straight is?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure that Pedrosa hit 349.5km/h (217.17mph) back in the 800cc MotoGP days, for some reason that fact is in my head. I'll do some research and report back with my crow-eating tools if necessary :spank:

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure that Pedrosa hit 349.5km/h (217.17mph) back in the 800cc MotoGP days, for some reason that fact is in my head. I'll do some research and report back with my crow-eating tools if necessary :spank:

"The Italian rider just eclipsed the previous record for the championship (349.288kph) which was also set at Mugello, by Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa in 2009 "

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
According to Wikipedia "Crazy Joe" set the record in Mugello in June at 217.2. For the #46 fans, he holds the record on the 125's.

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw the GP Sunday they were loud and fast!! Went with guy who's been to 500
And he said the bikes seemed just as loud!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing Stefan Bradl had slowed slightly when he crashed out of the race at the end of the straight but he sure slid a long, long way! Then, got up and walked away!!

Wasn't his crash caused by Aleix Espargaro?

Last edited:

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Wasn't his crash caused by Aleix Espargaro?

Hmmm, I'll have to go back and look at it again, but I thought he was by himself. He slid along long way. Left his front fender on the track and everyone sitting around me got all excited expecting a corner worker to walk out on the track and get it with bikes coming at him at over 200mph. They really should have had the slippery or debrie flag out. Then, they could have left it because once the rider goes by and sees where it is, it usually no longer an issue. It was off the racing line by several feet. Corner worker finally ran across two hot tracks, pit out and the track to retrieve it. Too many crashes in both Moto2 and MotoGP in T2-T4 area. Might have even been something on the track in T2 after Herrin and the others fell down.