2up

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally got the chance to ride 2 up today. I did about 75 miles and loved every minute of it. My ex wouldn't go near the bikes, but my new lady loves them, and it's exciting. I really enjoyed it, and didn't even notice she was back there.

W

wrightme43

Cool man, it is fun when someone is a good passenger and you can both have a blast.

H

HavBlue

I'm 6'2" and 185#. I tried riding 2up with a 65# pillion that is an awesome rider in his own right (my 14 year old grandson). We hated it and this was the only time I ever had a pillion on the FZ6. I have heard of a few people riding 2up but not many. Hey, as long as you're having fun, nothing else matters right......

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey ANT where is your windshield? is that small tinted thing your wind screen, if so, how is the wind on you.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2" and 185#. I tried riding 2up with a 65# pillion that is an awesome rider in his own right (my 14 year old grandson). We hated it and this was the only time I ever had a pillion on the FZ6. I have heard of a few people riding 2up but not many. Hey, as long as you're having fun, nothing else matters right......

65lbs 14 year old??? And a boy to boot. Do you people not feed him? LOL:D

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
glad it worked out well.... she must be quite a lady as I have rarely seen you here lately:thumbup:

Yea she is the reason I haven't been around for awhile. It's time well spent though, so I'm not complaining. Did I mention she loves bikes?:thumbup:

I have the stock windscreen, I guess it's just a weird angle for the pic.

H

HavBlue

65lbs 14 year old??? And a boy to boot. Do you people not feed him? LOL:D

At the time he was 11 (now 14 and 85#). Still, at 5"4" he is a twig but he manages to run cross country and play tackle football (US football) with the bigger kids. The bike wasn't the problem, we were. The height of the pillion seat and ride position just didn't suit us at all. Now I know why I have a Harley too.....

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
At the time he was 11 (now 14 and 85#). Still, at 5"4" he is a twig but he manages to run cross country and play tackle football (US football) with the bigger kids. The bike wasn't the problem, we were. The height of the pillion seat and ride position just didn't suit us at all. Now I know why I have a Harley too.....

Im a big buy at 6'2" and 250, and she is about 5'9" and 130. The FZ preformed great, and I can't wait to take the next ride with her.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

It's partially you and your passenger, not entirely the bike. A ton of people do 2up touring on the FZ6. Those grab rails are great and having a topcase or some other type of sissybar really helps out.

I'm 6'3" and my girl is 5'4" 125 and we'll do all day rides. It took some getting used to and we had to figure out what worked best, but it's all good now. We've also ridden cruisers and goldwings together before but prefer the FZ6 for an all day ride in the twisties...highway and the like would be a different story.

I've also been on the back of an FZ6, albeit only for 20 twisty miles, and I had a blast.
________
VAPOR BROTHERS TEMPERATURE SETTING

Last edited:
B

Bo67

Glad to hear you had fun. Looks like there is a good storm heading for the Norteast so get those miles in when you can.