ACH closed

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Ach open

Went for a little ride on ACH from the Wrightwood side and the gate is still closed at Vincent Gap (5 miles out) and it was WINNNNDY
The waitress at the Grizzly Cafe said she thinks it should be open this month, lets hope so.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know why it is closed? YOu guys mention that road a lot, so I looked it up once.
Some nice vids online!

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Jerry is keeping an eye out for us. Thanks for being the ACH scout!!
0511-1009-0819-2344_Bird_Watching_Man_Using_Binoculars_clipart_image.jpg

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried and failed to be inconspicuous as I broke in my new leather riding pants today. :shakehead: I've been shopping for new gear over the past two weeks so I can ride with you guys again and not feel underdressed. I even ordered tail and saddle bags last week. I may not be ready for camping...but I bet I can fit some doughnuts into my new bags!! :D

Looking forward to hearing updated reports! :thumbup:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Tried and failed to be inconspicuous as I broke in my new leather riding pants today. :shakehead: I've been shopping for new gear over the past two weeks so I can ride with you guys again and not feel underdressed. I even ordered tail and saddle bags last week. I may not be ready for camping...but I bet I can fit some doughnuts into my new bags!! :D

Looking forward to hearing updated reports! :thumbup:

Cool--and the doughnuts are for these two, sorta like payment to get in the door:BLAA:

Boots and Snickers

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a tough job but someone has to do it:D:D
Just checked the weather for Wrightwood next Saturday and looks like 65 degrees with some clouds, so wouldn't be too bad for a ride.
What's a good weekend for everyone???

Jerry

Those dogs look like they know the secret to having fun!!!

I would love to come up and help scout routes Saturday (5/18/13) if the weather stays nice. I haven't ever ridden up there. It would be nice to know how I feel after reaching the "starting point" for a future major ACH ride.

I'm booked June 7 to 10, but otherwise my weekends are clear for the summer. :p I hope to ride A LOT this summer.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Those dogs look like they know the secret to having fun!!!

I would love to come up and help scout routes Saturday (5/18/13) if the weather stays nice. I haven't ever ridden up there. It would be nice to know how I feel after reaching the "starting point" for a future major ACH ride.

I'm booked June 7 to 10, but otherwise my weekends are clear for the summer. :p I hope to ride A LOT this summer.

Sent you a PM with my contact info.
Cliff, you up for a ride on the 18th??

Jerry

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Verh... What ever everyone has planned...If I can go, ill ride up with you. Not to sure where we may be going (some where north), but I'm in need of adventure. This is going to be a great summer. If anyone's planning something for 4 th of July weekend, I may like to join. I think I would like to do a 3 or 4 day ride. San Fran. Redwoods. I don't know. Something memorable.