Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I've never wrecked my bike.

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I have had my bike since july of 07, and I have yet to ding 4k on the OD. In that time I have low sided 2 times, at 0-3 MPH so I wont call that crash. So far I have been exceedingly lucky.

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, personally I consider stuff like that a "drop", not a crash. I dropped mine the first day I had it. :thumbup:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Crashed once (fingers crossed), high-sided at about 30 mph. My gear saved me, I landed on my head/shoulder and slid for about 15 feet. Only injuries were bruises and minor scrapes.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
the first time i dropped mine was the first time i had it. the second time was after i had (1) beer. I thought i was ok to ride. I will never make that mistake again.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Broken left collar bone, all left ribs broken, punctured left lung, serious concussion - out for about 15 to 30 minutes, bruised spleen broken left shoulder blade. High sided at 110 to 120 mph in a left hand sweeper.

Woke up in the ER asking for pain meds, the nurse says, "Honey we've given you two sticks of morphine, we can't give you any more." My first thought was, "Man, I'm jacked..." That and I missed being awake for my first helicopter flight.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
You crashed 3 times? damn you suck....

:Flip:

I crashed 3 times too... and got really lucky 3 times :cheer:

W

wrightme43

I went for 2 in one day. No injuries. Very stupid ultra lucky. I would say I used up the last 20 years of Karma points.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't necessarily say that I "crashed", but I was the victim of an accident. Result, a broken back (T12 vertebrae was compressed and pulverized) and possible fractured ribs.

I was riding south on US1 through Titusville, while somewhere behind me around the bend, a 16 year old kid with a learner's permit was street racing with the family car. One moment I was in the left lane passing a white SUV, and the next moment, I was airborn. I landed on my back, but I was still moving. I had landed on the hood of his car. Witnesses on the street said he was FLYING and didn't touch his brakes until AFTER he hit me.

Anyway, I'm on his hood, which confused me. I didn't realize I was on his hood... I felt like I had landed on the ground, yet I was still moving. NOW, he hits his brakes. And now I realize where I was, as I quickly slid off the hood of his car and I now worried about being run over. I hit the asphault, slid a little, rolled, and then came to a stop spread eagle on my back. Luckily, he did not run me over.

He did however come over to me, look down and said, "are you okay?" He then attempted to pull off my helmet while the chin strap was still attached. Thankfully, a person I the street told him to not touch me.

Paramedics arrived quickly, evaluated me, noticed I was guarding my left side, and the fact I had almost no feeling in my legs and feet, decided that they were probably dealing with a back injury, they pumped me full of morphine and airlifted me to Orlando Regional Medical Center. The next day, I had a back fusion surgery done, and five days after the accident I was going home in a back-brace and walker, just a few days before my birthday!

Thankfully, my helmet saved my head, my jacket saved my skin, and my boots saved my toes. I had on normal Levis and no gloves, so I was very lucky that I had hardly any abrassions. If fact, looking at me you could hardly tell I had been injured.

I was out of work for six months, and then another six months of light duty before I had recovered. Before that, I had never broken a bone in my body.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Broken left collar bone, all left ribs broken, punctured left lung, serious concussion - out for about 15 to 30 minutes, bruised spleen broken left shoulder blade. High sided at 110 to 120 mph in a left hand sweeper.

Woke up in the ER asking for pain meds, the nurse says, "Honey we've given you two sticks of morphine, we can't give you any more." My first thought was, "Man, I'm jacked..." That and I missed being awake for my first helicopter flight.

Ouch ouch ouch! :eek: How long did it take to recover from all that?

phxtravis

Reaction score
Visit site
High sided and I am pretty sure I landed on my shoulder...Ended up with a disloacted left shoulder, broken right wrist, and some nasty rash on my knees. Though the shoulder hurt like hell, I would still presume it would be "minor" as I was treated(4-5hrs in the ER) and then released.

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
I didnt crash, I got ran over. Bruised lung,lacerated spleen, no broken bones but screwed up my left leg,shoulder, and hand. Witnesses told the police that the car ran me over I did not believe that untill I saw the tread marks on my shirt.

F

formula154

I used to crash pretty often when I was a teenager.:rockon: Since I quit duing stupid things on motorcycles I haven crashed.:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had 5 off's at over 60mph (All because I was going to fast and being stupid) when I was a courier.
Worst injury sprained ankle.
Lesson: Don't ride like a twat on the road and gear up.

1 off 1998 doing 75 mph (high side) fractured left Tib & fib, 4 mtc's right hand and ruptured the co-lateral ligaments on my right thumb.
Lesson: Warm your tyres if you are going for a fast run even when you know the roads.

1 off 1995 Concussion ko'd for 10 minutes, fractured left shoulder blade, perforated ear drum, bells palsy (lasted for two years).
wrote off mint condition restored RD 200.
Lesson: How are you meant to know that an inspection cover is about to implode when your front wheel drives over it:wtf:?

Nelly

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Not gona say anything on about on the cycle, dont wanna mess anything up. But, on a 4wheeler 4 years ago, it was my first time riding anything with a clutch, i somehow crashed into a window at 35 mph (Est) and cut the top of my hand off basically.

I cut all 4 tendons, viens tissues etc, my bones were showing. My knee hit the handlebars stoping me from flying all the way through. Broke my kneecap, shin twisted ACL and MCL.

After plastic surgery to my hand and weeks of physical therepy I still dont have full wrist movement.

Knee still bothers me everday I use it more than normal.

Not a cycle, but still a crash

Nick

Little Red

Opinionated Road User
Reaction score
Visit site
A write off for my older Honda.
"Minor" injuries to me. Injuries that took more than a year to abate to 80% recovery.
It depends on how old you are, I guess, and how springy your joints are, when you get hit.
I almost don't want to say I crashed, because a cager turned left in front of me. Fully-fared bike, too: big and visible. Still got hit.
And past 2 years later, I still feel it sometimes.
But I wasn't hospitalized, so I guess that makes it "Minor." Plus, I strapped my broken fairing's bits onto the sissy bar with bungee cords I always carry under my seat, and rode the broken thing home!
... and took pictures of my bruises. Broke the fairing in 3 with my chest: thank you, leathers, that I'm still in one piece!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I ride off-road quite a lot and fall off all the time. So far, I've been lucky on the Fazer and not had an off. Hopefully all the crashing practice off-road will help when I finally do it on-road.