any difference in s1 and s2 seat?

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, i am interested in getting a seat cowl, but that model was meant for 04-06 model, but i am riding an 07-08 model.

i have tried asking two of the deal and have got different ans. one told me it's all the same while the other told me it's only meant for 04-06 fazer.

so, i would like to hear you guys opinions. i mean if they are the same, no matter what year, it would still fit, wouldn't it?

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, i am interested in getting a seat cowl, but that model was meant for 04-06 model, but i am riding an 07-08 model.

i have tried asking two of the deal and have got different ans. one told me it's all the same while the other told me it's only meant for 04-06 fazer.

so, i would like to hear you guys opinions. i mean if they are the same, no matter what year, it would still fit, wouldn't it?

It should be the same :)

Grtz,

Degake

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
What seat cowl did you get?

Post some pics when you have it installed :)

Grtz,

Degake

i bought this... personally feel this is the nicest looking among all. still waiting for it to arrive in my mail box, hopefully soon. :D

the seat is not the same, but the fairing around it should be :)

omg... i swear my heart dropped an inch jus now

it will fit. :thumbup:

till i see this post. :cheer:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha didn't mean to scare you, the only difference is the material used as cover, and the filling is different as well I think (I had my riding lessons on a s1, and bought a s2 myself).
But the shape/fairing is the same, so it should fit without any problems ;)

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought this... personally feel this is the nicest looking among all. still waiting for it to arrive in my mail box, hopefully soon. :D

The OEM seat cowl is one of the nicest around :)
I'm still debating wether I'd keep mine, or go for the TCP one... (Either way, it will be redone in carbon fibre :Flash:)

Grtz,

Degake

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
haha didn't mean to scare you, the only difference is the material used as cover, and the filling is different as well I think (I had my riding lessons on a s1, and bought a s2 myself).
But the shape/fairing is the same, so it should fit without any problems ;)

i guess its just a issue of understanding.

in ur previous post, u mentioned fairing, i thought you mean those side fairing. ;)

The OEM seat cowl is one of the nicest around :)
I'm still debating wether I'd keep mine, or go for the TCP one... (Either way, it will be redone in carbon fibre :Flash:)

Grtz,

Degake

i am not sure, but i think the OEM 1 and the 1 i posted look identical? anyway OEM is too expensive for me to consider. i just need an excuse to not pillion anyone, unless it's a hottie. :BLAA:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
i am not sure, but i think the OEM 1 and the 1 i posted look identical? anyway OEM is too expensive for me to consider. i just need an excuse to not pillion anyone, unless it's a hottie. :BLAA:

The one you bought IS the OEM seat cowl :rockon:
You just bought it on ebay instead at the stealership :D

Grtz,

Degake

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
What seat cowl did you get?

Post some pics when you have it installed :)

Grtz,

Degake

hey Degake,

pictures as requested. :rockon:

the silver is not exactly the same as what Yamaha is using (a few shades darker it seems), but for that price, i am not complaining.

anyway, ignore the box and rack. it will be going off in a few weeks time. :D

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
hey Degake,

pictures as requested. :rockon:

the silver is not exactly the same as what Yamaha is using (a few shades darker it seems), but for that price, i am not complaining.

anyway, ignore the box and rack. it will be going off in a few weeks time. :D

I think it's just a different colour code.
Your bike seems to be Silver #1 (code: S1) and the cowl is Silver #3 (code: S3).
It will indeed only be a little different...
If you want to repaint them, you can always order some spray cans with the correct colour code and respray them :)

Grtz,

Degake