Any sales on sport touring tires?

Moises

Reaction score
Visit site
Like the title states I'm in dear need of new tires, rear only but would rather get both. Bike has 4k so far. Do you guys happens to know of a sale going on right now? Would like to pilot roads if possible but open to other options. Thanks you!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CONTINENTAL-MOTION-70zr17-Front-55zr17/dp/B007N6RPSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427678235&sr=8-1&keywords=contimotion"]Contimotions for $152.99 shipped all the time [/ame]

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the cheap Contis. You get what you pay for. Grip OK but wear was very, very poor. IMO you should jump on the Bridgestone BT-023. Excellent tire.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Jake wilson or RockyMountainATV for PR2/PR3. I paid around $270 shipped for my PR2 set. If you ride a lot get yourself a good brand so you won't be changing them again in 5,000 miles!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=26567]Moises[/MENTION]

Moises, Goop (Bryan has a guy that mount's and balances for a great price so if you get a deal on new meat contact Bryan. You're also welcome to come over here and we'll pull the wheel here take it to the tire guy and remount/realign and set the chain here. So let us know. :)

ORBGO

Reaction score
Visit site
shinko's are consistently rated as some of the worst performing tires you can get.

Out of all the reviews I've read yours is the first negative comment. So could you explain why they are bad tires? Also have you ever used them? Personal experience speaks louder.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Never bought any because every forum I've been a member of waives people off of them due to excessive vibration, poor wear, high road noise, and poor grip.

But...they've been around long enough they can't be too terrible.

tyler2011

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the shiko's are a love them or hate them situation. I do not hear much middle ground. If you track or prefer a sport tire then this will not be the tire. I have many miles in the rain and have had no problems with the tire.

For me, I installed my second set last summer. It will be a neat comparison because shortly after changing them, I started mostly 2-up riding. Some of it with luggage for both of us.

The mileage I am posting is mostly me alone on weekends and out of town trips with me and luggage. I am about 140 lbs in riding gear. The front tire i got 17,887 miles before changing (could have run a bit longer but was going on a trip) and the rear I ran for 12,218 miles. The front seemed to wear fastest halfway between the center and the edges but that could be because I ran it for some period with not enough pressure. :spank:

I have attached pictures as well as a bonus of the two of us visiting some family. The new tire is mounted on the rim with air so it looks a lot bigger but they are the same size. Not being half flat also helps.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of all the reviews I've read yours is the first negative comment. So could you explain why they are bad tires? Also have you ever used them? Personal experience speaks louder.

Goggle it, there are tons of test reports showing just how terrible they are. Tires are all you have between you and the pavement, its not a smart idea to skimp on something that important