ANZAC Day

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, tomorrow is ANZAC Day.

For me it's a day to say thank you to all who served and gave their lives so we can have the freedom and the way of life we do in Australia.

We will be at the dawn service tomorrow 5:45am at the Bullsbrook RSL, as we do every year, to pay our respects to our fallen service men/women. We'll go for a bike ride afterwards and then we'll then knock back a beer or two in the afternoon in memory of them.

I don't have any family members that have served, but the day is still very important to me. Mikes dad was in the NZ Air Force in WWII.

What do you guys do on ANZAC Day?

"They shall grow not old, as we are left to grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we forget."

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't do anything special really. My old man did his 20 years in the RAAF, and my Grandfather served in the army. I already did my bit when I went to the Gulf War back in the 90's. Missed enough sleep for freedom already, so dawn service is out too.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whilst i respect all who have fought for our country, and our freedom, i have no close relatives who fought in any war, so no-one from my Family Marches...

Will put the march on TV in the morning, and spend some time explaining to my 11 year old, about the sacrifices, the horror, the reasons why, etc, to the best of my limited ability...

Lest we forget.

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
going to the dawn service in kings park for the 1st time since i was an air cadet
should be rather humbling

lest we forget

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Karen, I think that it's great that you and others do this to remember those who have served. I know that here in the states our Memorial Day has devolved for the majority of our country into just another 3 day holiday weekend to bbq and drink beer with no concept of it's real meaning. I have a few friends who, believe it or not, served our country in WWII and are still here to tell their stories. I can't appreciate enough the sacrifices that they and others like them have made to their countries.
O.K., stepping off the soapbox now...
Have a great day tomorrow.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
No dawn service for me this year:(.When I was a soldier we usually got split up & sent out to RSL's or small dawn services,was awesome talking to & getting respect from the old diggers:thumbup:I believe I've also done my bit(10yrs Army & 1 tour of Iraq in 91)

Lest we forget :aus:

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Dawn service at Point Danger at Torquay followed by a ride to Lorne for Breakfast at the Indian 200mph Cafe with all the other sports bike riders.
Oh yeah, took my friend Barbara for her first ride as well (Supreme Court Judge), she asked me about passing 4 cars doing 130kph in an 80kph zone. My reply, 'can you see the speedo on the back?'
Her reply, 'YES'.

Geelong, Surf Coast - Australia | News, Weather, Sports, Geelong Cats, Beaches, Events - All about Geelong, Victoria, Australia - The Geelong Advertiser
go to Anzac Day gallery

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dawn service at Point Danger at Torquay followed by a ride to Lorne for Breakfast at the Indian 200mph Cafe with all the other sports bike riders.
Oh yeah, took my friend Barbara for her first ride as well (Supreme Court Judge), she asked me about passing 4 cars doing 130kph in an 80kph zone. My reply, 'can you see the speedo on the back?'
Her reply, 'YES'.

Geelong, Surf Coast - Australia | News, Weather, Sports, Geelong Cats, Beaches, Events - All about Geelong, Victoria, Australia - The Geelong Advertiser
go to Anzac Day gallery
Nice one - lawyer speeding with a judge on the back - I LOVE IT :rof:

Nice riding area - driven G O Road but not ridden it. One day :D

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Her reply, 'YES'.

go to Anzac Day gallery

Sounds awful! LOL! But did she say stop???

:D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Karen, how was the ride today? Hopefully you'll have some pics to share with us. :D
:(:(:(

We have a sever smoke haze here at the moment and it has really hit my asthma for six! I'm just coughing and wheezing all the time.

Haven't been able to ride - very P155ed off at the moment........

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought my comments might arouse some wit!
My friend Barbara did indeed need to be informed of some of the protocols of the Great Ocean Road when it comes to cars and motorcycles.
I have a few of my own rules which arn't precedent to any of her dealings in the upper chambers.

1. At every opportunity, pass a car. Police radar detectors don't work on corners and never stand up in court.

2. Ride as hard as you can for as long as you can. When you get worn out you can slow down.

3. Did I mention pass all cars?

:spank:

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
It would be remiss of me to leave the Anzac Day thread without a tribute to my Uncle who saw active service in all theatres of WW2. It was his medals I carried at the dawn service at Torquay. They also had a brisk ride down the GOR after the service.
Rest in peace Frederick Anzac Sellwood.

Rumpole

picture.php