Atlas throttle lock update

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed and tested a new Atlas throttle lock on my beemer (will fit the FZ-6, etc):
http://www.atlasthrottlelock.com

_DSC0005_1.jpg

_DSC0007_1.jpg

This was a Kickstarter campaign posted last winter, it looked like a good idea so I opted in. They kept me informed with the occasional email, and it finally arrived a couple days ago. Very nicely made!

I've used a Throttlemeister and one other brand throttle locks that mount at the bar end; they work okay but I never got the hang of engaging/disengaging them while riding; on the Atlas, you come up to speed and simply push in the button with your thumb. I was anxious to try this out, it worked beautifully! It took a stiffer "push" to engage than I was expecting, but nothing too bad. It held perfectly, and had just the right amount of drag to adjust speed up or down without slippage. Disengaging is instantaneous (you push down on the button, not in).

I would pay $135 for this again; because I got in on the Kickstarter I paid, what, $75, and I'm VERY happy! :cheer:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very nice. I'm looking for a throttle lock for my new Triumph Street Triple R. I'll have to check this out.

Moredred

Reaction score
Visit site
After 200 miles on the Natchez Trace today, just ordered one of these...really looking forward to getting it installed.

Thanks for the tip!