Atlas Throttle Lock update

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't remember if this came up here or on my beemer forum. This was a "Kickstarter" for a universal throttle lock that, very smartly, was engaged/disengaged by a pushbutton accessible by your thumb, instead of trying to twist a lock with your throttle hand. I bought into the project, they had a few delays but I finally got one and installed it on my beemer (Fizzer already had a Throttle Meister, a well-made item that I still find near-impossible to engage).
The Atlas worked well at first, although the button was quite hard to push in, and in fact after a few months couldn't be pushed in at all. I figured the guys who designed it didn't understand galvanic corrosion and it corroded itself together. Never saw another ad for the company either, figured it was another bust.
Well, this morning, I get an email from them. They now have two "new & improved" designs, the button actuation is supposed to be at least a third less than before, and one is designed especially for older beemers (like mine) that have little space between the throttle grip and the bushing, and have a right turn signal on the right handlebar.
Anyone else here get one of the originals? Did you have a problem with corrosion? I replied to their email, will report back if they respond (they'd been pretty good for that) concerning the sticking. I still think its a great idea and would love to have a working model on my bike, but I've been stung once already... :(