Been a few decades..

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.. since I last signed on, lol. Good to see many of the old timers are still around. At a glance, still looks like the best moto-forum out there. Any must-reads for entertainment?
P.S. VT may not be the best state to live in, if you really love to be on 2 wheels. Longest.. Winter... EVER!

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Erci,

It hasn't been that LONG, or I am really older than I thought?? Great to have you check in and yes this is the winter that keeps on giving. In Detroit we had snow last night, in April really?
All the best, please let us know what you have been up to.

Ken

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa, hey Stranger!
I still post here occasionally, but replaced dear Fizzer with a 1200GS Beemer, which fits my 58-year-old, arthritic 37" inseam a bit better for them 9-hour days.
I'd recommend utard as a great riding place (never did fire up the snowblower this last winter) but the population is supposed to double by 2030, and most of them drive cages!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The snow melts in the green mountains of Vermont and the elusive Erci pops his head out.

Welcome back brother!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Erci,
glad to see you visiting again, quite a few of the "old" tam still frequent the site albeit in a lurker kind of way. I gotta say that is unusual if I still don't log in every day-posts maybe not so often.
Its good for the newer members to know there are lots of people around this site with an abundance of knwledge and are friendly to boot! You're damn straight when you say this is one of the best two wheeled moto forums!
cheers
ade

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
As a newer member, I really appreciate that this forum is still very much alive and well, especially since our bikes haven't been made in 8 years. Thanks guys!

P.S. - I'm in Chicago and HATE how long this winter has been. Pretty depressing how short this riding season is going to be. Gotta make the best of it!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa, hey Stranger!
I still post here occasionally, but replaced dear Fizzer with a 1200GS Beemer, which fits my 58-year-old, arthritic 37" inseam a bit better for them 9-hour days.
I'd recommend utard as a great riding place (never did fire up the snowblower this last winter) but the population is supposed to double by 2030, and most of them drive cages!

Funny.. I'm actually considering a bike like that. I did like Vstrom 1000, last time I demo'd it. Need to ride it again to make sure it's "enough", after getting used to 2015 FJR (very unslow :D )
Thinking adventure bike may extend my riding season by at least few days (I'll take anything I can get).

My last moto ride: 30 degrees out, which is perfect because the ground is frozen (for those unaware, half of Vermont is unpaved), but 10 minutes into the ride.. MAJOR blizzard! Made it home before it really started sticking. That was about a week ago.. yay! lol

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back!

Still have the FZ6 besides the FJR?

Hey, Scott! FZ6 has been gone for many years, but the guy I sold it to still has it.
I rode FZ1 for several years, but when the Mrs and I started doing a lot more 2up riding, I sold FZ1 and got FJR.
I do miss my FZ1 now and then. It was so simple and fun!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back! I'll sell you a FZ6 on the cheap!

The organization that I usually ride track days with, Motorcycle Track Days in New England, usually does a couple non-sportbike track days a year at Palmer Mass and Thompson CT tracks, if you felt like dragging some knee on your FJR...

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!