Bent the clutch

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
I was sitting on my bike yesterday, waiting for my bro and he asks me to back up a little. well The ground was on a weird angle, so the bike started to fall, I caught it half way, but didnt have firm enough footing so it went down slow right on the clutch, It got bent. That is all that happened luckily no other scratches or anything. When I got home I bent it back, went a little to far, Broke off the end. Ordered a new one off the ebays.

S

sportrider

that sucks, at least you didn't jack up the bike. I'd blame shift the whole incident to your brother make him pay for it!!! LOL

H

HavBlue

One more reason a bike has no reverse. Glad to hear the damage was really minor....

H

HavBlue

I've never had luck bending levers back before. The pot molded aluminum always breaks, even when heated up.

So true, they always seem to bend fine while wrecking but when you try to bend them back things ain't so good.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was sitting on my bike yesterday, waiting for my bro and he asks me to back up a little. well The ground was on a weird angle, so the bike started to fall, I caught it half way, but didnt have firm enough footing so it went down slow right on the clutch, It got bent. That is all that happened luckily no other scratches or anything. When I got home I bent it back, went a little to far, Broke off the end. Ordered a new one off the ebays.
Mate its a generic clutch leaver design fault. They bend one way no problem. try to gentley ease them back and before you know it your $30.00 out of pocket.

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
It was almost perfect than I was looking at it I thought maybe just a little more then of course the snap. Well I got a tank pad to from the same guy from ebay so I am saving on the shipping, wanted to buy that anyway. So it worked out alright in the end.
This was all my bro's fault bikes shouldnt go backwards.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sportrider_fz6;38910I'd blame shift the whole incident to your brother make him pay for it!!! LOL[/quote said:
Yeah, I agree. It's your brothers fault. You should talk your brother into joining the forum, doesn't he have a FZ too, even though it's a 1. Then we can get the other side of the story.

H

HavBlue

yah there is a Goldwing that has reverse. But there is no point in going backwards we always need to be moving forward. :Sport:

I know the 1500 Wing from 1993 had this option but I am not sure when it was actually introduced.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your clutch lever, did you order the stock replacement or a really cool after market one? You could have used this as an excust to get a set of woodcrafts or something

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Think there is some sort of conspiracy behind that? Bend em' once, no break, bend em' back, and "snap". Gotta buy a new one.
11.gif
Metallurgists call it "work-hardening"; just an unfortunate property of aluminum/aluminium... ;)