Bike got knocked over today!!

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I just made it threw two tropical storms without a problem then it happens. I go to my brothers place today and park my bike off out of the way in clear site. I'm in visiting him and his wife takes of to go swimming. ten or fifteen minutes later the phone rings and my brother answers the phone says "what, ya ok" tells me 'I guess she knocked your bike over" I run out the door and there it is laying on the ground. I was sick feeling looking at my three month old bike laying on its side. I hardly said anything. I said to him "does she not look behind her when she backs up". He said "I guess not". I said " Why didn't she come in the house and tell me. It can't be good for it leaving it laying on it's side for fifteen minutes". He didn't say anything. Then when I started looking it over he didn't think it looked bad. See what he thinks when he gets the bill for it. I had the helmet hanging over the handlebars and mirror. I think it actually saved it alot of damage. Banged up the helmet though. I wouldn't trust that helmet anymore. Thanks guys. I just needed to blow off a little steam. Chipped paint on tail piece, cracked two signal lights L/R R/F,Marked up oil pump cover on engine. Feels front wheel is steering to the left a little. Seems like the harder you try to take care of something, even more thing happen. I think I'll get my sister in-law a back up camera for her little car next christmas.:spank:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's sadly amazing how little other folks care about damaging your stuff, even friends and family. :( I admire that you were able to keep your cool.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had mine for 2 months and 4 days. If that happened I really think I would have lost my mind and my cool!! You must get along with your brother really good or your sister in law is really HOT or BOTH!! lol

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sucks that it happened. But glad you didn't fly off the handle. These are toys and yes, we'd like to keep them all shined and pretty but even after buying a new one, a small part of me wants it to remain pristine while another part of me simply cannot wait until it gets the first scratch... Then it is like, "There! No I can really use this bike up!"

Look at it this way, at least you weren't on it and at speed. :D

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn it man! That sucks. I live in Halifax and was kinda freaking out about the same storms. There are some big trees surrounding my bike shed I was scared that if one of those storms was like Juan than my bike would have been toast.
I hope things work out for you and that your family relations go unharmed.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm probably going to get some heat for this but I have two words:

Women drivers, hey I didn't say women riders. There is a difference.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Sucks that it happened. But glad you didn't fly off the handle. These are toys and yes, we'd like to keep them all shined and pretty but even after buying a new one, a small part of me wants it to remain pristine while another part of me simply cannot wait until it gets the first scratch... Then it is like, "There! No I can really use this bike up!"

Gravity sucks, all the time. :)

Sooner or later, it wins.

Now that the first 'kiss' has occured, move on to more important 'business'.:rockon:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
thats ****in retarded..i had a similar thing happen and had a similar reaction from the person who did it. I think, people who dont ride just dont get how a rider admires his bike.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
In possible defense of the sister-in-law, were you parked in their driveway where she normally backs up to get out. Years ago when I was in high school, I had some friends over and one parked their carat the back of our driveway. When my dad left a little bot later, he backed out like he'd done a thousand times, only this time my friend's car was in the way. Still my dad's fault, but you couldn't really blame him ...

Now I don't get the waiting fifteen minutes to call ... unless she was afraid to face your reaction and wanted to let her husband deal with it.

S

Shamus McFeeley

It's bad enough when it's a stranger that does it, but family can make for a sticky situation. I've known family members to get weird when it comes to money like that, hope it works out for you.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
That sux, you have my sympathy. Nothing you can do.

I remember years ago buying a new car (Maxda MX3). My brother was visiting and we took it for a ride. Got back, parked beside my parents car...my bro opens the passnger door and whacks my parents car! Nice little dent on the door. I didn't get mad at him because I could see that he turned white as a sheet and looked like he'd just been caught steeling...

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
In possible defense of the sister-in-law, were you parked in their driveway where she normally backs up to get out. Years ago when I was in high school, I had some friends over and one parked their carat the back of our driveway. When my dad left a little bot later, he backed out like he'd done a thousand times, only this time my friend's car was in the way. Still my dad's fault, but you couldn't really blame him ...

Now I don't get the waiting fifteen minutes to call ... unless she was afraid to face your reaction and wanted to let her husband deal with it.

Because if it was a small child where the bike was sitting who had been hit he really couldn't have been blamed?
Bad driving is bad driving, if your not checking your an irresponsible driver and should not have a license, its even worse when the person should have had the forsight and awareness that there may have been an obstacle in the way.
Its really sad and definately get that helmet replaced! Hope any damage gets fixed and they don't make a fuss about paying up, it should teach them a valuable lesson about being a bit more responsible and aware.
Also leaving it there for 15 minutes after knocking it over without letting you know...... wow..... just wow.

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site

The dealer put the first one on it for me. Found that as soon as I got home with it. They went good for it though. It still gags me but it could have been a lot worse.

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Because if it was a small child where the bike was sitting who had been hit he really couldn't have been blamed?
Bad driving is bad driving, if your not checking your an irresponsible driver and should not have a license, its even worse when the person should have had the forsight and awareness that there may have been an obstacle in the way.
Its really sad and definately get that helmet replaced! Hope any damage gets fixed and they don't make a fuss about paying up, it should teach them a valuable lesson about being a bit more responsible and aware.
Also leaving it there for 15 minutes after knocking it over without letting you know...... wow..... just wow.

Thats right PAY ATENTION. If I ever killed a child in an accident I don't think I could live with that. It would be too much. I drive a truck for a living and I have to be aware of everyone else. If everyone payed more attention to there driving we would all be much safer.

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site

If she had just parked her car and come in and tell me or call right away on her cell phone it would made a big difference. It didn't seem to be a big deal to them. Did your new bike ever get banged into and knocked over in the gravel. Its not a good feeling.