Bike won't start...

jnappier

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a 2007 that was wrecked and has been sitting in a garage for months and the instrument panel doesnt work except the nuetral indicator light so I cant see errors. It spins over but it wont start. I do have a 2004 fz6 project bike I'm working on but the instrument panel is different.

I picked up a 2007 that was wrecked and has been sitting in a garage for months and the instrument panel doesnt work except the nuetral indicator light so I cant see errors. It spins over but it wont start. I do have a 2004 fz6 project bike I'm working on but the instrument panel is different.

So, what's the question? :D

1) make sure all the idiot switches are qualified. To start, the bike should be in neutral... seems like you get that light, so that should make it easier. If the bike thinks it's in gear, or the side stand is deployed AND the bike is in gear, it will not start. There is a micro switch on the side stand that may be stuck in the 'down' position. There's another one on the clutch lever. The 'Kill' switch has to be in the 'run' position as well....

2) A bike cannot start if the fire triangle is not present. Fuel air and a source of ignition. You need to find out which one(s) is missing.

Fuel pumps not working. My garage was too noisy yesterday but this morning I heard that I didn't hear anything. Put my gas tank off my 04 and I heard the pump and she started up.

I did pull the pump out of the bad tank and it was covered in varnish. I have it soaking in cleaner so maybe I can save it.

I soaked the fuel pump in finger nail polish remover and seafoam, then blew it out with the air compressor then it started working.

Back