Bought a Raven FZ6 today

Hey typexhr,

You posted me about your similar story (being from Lafayette too etc) but I guess I didn't pay enough attention, because I saw this and realized you also just got your new FZ. You told me but duh, it didn't register :rolleyes:

So congrats, to both of us FZ newbies :) Between the both of us we got Raven and Deep Blue (Hmmm...black and blue - hope that's not an omen :D)

Hey I've got to admire a man who doesn't give up :thumbup: You went from one exteme (cruiser) to the other (track-bike and disaster) and settled in between them (FZ6).

IMHO you made the right choice. You (and me, and the rest of us here) got the best of all motorcycling worlds. A comfortable standand that's easy to ride in town or on the interstate, can run through a country twistie like a scalded dog, and looks as good as that Goth girl you (well...I) could never get a date with in high school :rockon:

Ride safe bro, but have your fun too :)

Amen brother! Black and blue only means that Yamahas are tough!

A little, the thing i like about it is no helmet buffeting, and if I sit up really strait the wind hits me in the chest, but its nothing to duck behind either

Edit: It also looks 10x better in person, than the pics. Go for it:rockon:

My FZ is my "get back on the horse" bike! I crashed a 750 Nighthawk doing 75 in a right hand sweeper! plenty of roadrash! You'll be happy with the FZ6(I am)! It's tame enough to ease you back into riding,but has plenty of power for when you finally get comfortable again!:D

My FZ is my "get back on the horse" bike! I crashed a 750 Nighthawk doing 75 in a right hand sweeper! plenty of roadrash! You'll be happy with the FZ6(I am)! It's tame enough to ease you back into riding,but has plenty of power for when you finally get comfortable again!:D

How was the Nighthaw 750 compared to the FZ6? The 3 i was considering were the Yammy, an Interceptor, and I found a '99 Nighthawk online w/6,600 miles for $2,000. Very tempting but there is something to be said for fuel-injection :)

Back