Buell Does a WAVEX

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Buell has had some great improvements in the past couple years... I think that bike would look badass in all black!!!

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUELL® 1125CR
Engine: Liquid Cooled 1125cc Helicon® V-Twin
HORSEPOWER 146HP @ 9800 RPM
TORQUE 82 ft. lbs. @ 8000
MSRP $11,695

I didn't think those things pumped out that much power. And a lot of good features. The more I look at it, the more I like it...

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUELL® 1125CR
Engine: Liquid Cooled 1125cc Helicon® V-Twin
HORSEPOWER 146HP @ 9800 RPM
TORQUE 82 ft. lbs. @ 8000
MSRP $11,695

I didn't think those things pumped out that much power. And a lot of good features. The more I look at it, the more I like it...

Oh these are really cool. From what I've read 146hp is a detuned state for the street. From what I've heard the racers guys getting 170 to 175hp out of them.

Dry weight is 375lbs.

The front brake is an 8 pot caliper if I'm not mistaken. The rotor has massive swept area and is great for the street. The racers are having to tweak them a bit.

Overall I think they are a very good value for a very unique bike.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh these are really cool. From what I've read 146hp is a detuned state for the street. From what I've heard the racers guys getting 170 to 175hp out of them.

Dry weight is 375lbs.

The front brake is an 8 pot caliper if I'm not mistaken. The rotor has massive swept area and is great for the street. The racers are having to tweak them a bit.

Overall I think they are a very good value for a very unique bike.

Yea, the more I look at the features and stuff I like it. Fuel economy on the dash, adjustable controls. Slipper clutch. 5.3 gal tank. Belt drive. One thing I want to know is fuel mileage for city and highway to give an idea of what it would get commuting. Another thing I want to know is major service intervals and how many miles people are actually putting on motors like these. But I guess you'd want to know that kind of information for any bike you'd like to buy.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Helicon is a new engine design done by Rotax, so I would assume it would be bullet proof. The vavles have finger followers so adjustments are simple, no special tools. The old Buell engine is a much revised Harley Evo motor and was very long lived (100,000 miles). My friend had a XB12S and that thing got ~65mpg, not too shabby for a 100hp Vtwin. I have no idea what the new Helicon gets, I would think it would be mid 40's if your gentle.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, the more I look at the features and stuff I like it. Fuel economy on the dash, adjustable controls. Slipper clutch. 5.3 gal tank. Belt drive. One thing I want to know is fuel mileage for city and highway to give an idea of what it would get commuting. Another thing I want to know is major service intervals and how many miles people are actually putting on motors like these. But I guess you'd want to know that kind of information for any bike you'd like to buy.

Fuel is par with the other big sporting twins, the 1098's, Aprillia's, etc., about 35 mpg. Remember this bike will go 170mph +.

Service...well welcome to the, "Hey that's not a Harley club." Bedfellows include the Harley V-Rod. Can you say, Redhead step child?

I have a feeling that as Buells become more popular more independent repair shops will begin servicing them.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw on the accessories section of their website there is a different handlebar you can get that brings the grips up higher and closer. I wonder how much of a difference they would make.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my buddies picked up one of those this past winter and he loves it, says that it will wheelie in 3rd gear without clutch so he has to be careful, but very very fun.

I was reading and it said that there is new fuel and ignition mapping on the '09's and it will be available to the '08's. I'd have them check to see if they can get their bike remapped at the dealer. The new mapping is supposed to help throttle response and streetability below 6k rpms and significantly improve fuel economy.