came to a realization yesterday

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
can't believe how bad my memory is sometimes. yesterday i was trying to remember when i got my bike and how many miles it had. so i got on here and searched for one of my first threads. i couldn't remember if it was '08 or '09. turns out i got it exactly two years ago (april of '09) and it had 1300 miles on it. it now has close to 10,000. so i'm averaging a little over 4k a year at this point.

next part of the story... my wife and i just finished "financial peace university" by dave ramsey and we're now focused on paying off all our debt and never going into debt again. and since paying off debt is most important, extra money won't go to "upgrading" non-essentials.

i then started to think about how kenny has at least 50k-60k on his fazer. i then came to my realization.

assuming nothing drastic happens, i'll be riding the fz6 for a looooooonnngggg time. good thing i like it. ;)

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Think of all the gas you will save riding the FZ6 instead of driving a 4,000 lb cage! That goes a long way toward helping stay out of debt at current gas prices!

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Blasphemy! :BLAA:

i know. cause one of the first thoughts i had was... "well, if i'm going to have it for a while it'd be really nice to upgrade the suspension. and although i'm not a 'loud pipes save lives' sort of a guy, i wouldn't mind having a nice set of pipes on the bike for my own pleasure. while we're at it, i like the 07-09 swing arm and subframe better. oh, and the front brakes are better on the 07-09's as well." there's a number of other things that were in that train of thought. guess we'll just have to see what the future holds. and how much of it can be thought of as essential. :BLAA: i wonder if an acumen voltage and gear indicator counts as essential? :rolleyes:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, this is awesome.

I love how terrible guys are at resisting the urge to mod and upgrade. It took 2 posts to go from fiscal frugality to "well......"

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have around 18k now and its an 05.. i cant even think of getting rid of it... way to much fun and does everything i could ask... im even used to the dive every now and then...

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
We in the UK share your fiscal pain bro. Its like living in a third world country now.:(
Just a small thing you mention about the later model brakes being better, I have an 05 and find them pretty awesome. So, without opening up a 'wallet chasm', how about you change the fluid and pop some EBC pads or similar in? That way you will 'feel' like its upgraded a little and appease the urge.
Just thought I'd try to help a bro in distress...:thumbup: