Car hit while parked in front of my house

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, Ed. I sent all the info I had to my insurance on Monday (police report stating driver's name and the fact that parts of his car were found near mine, his address and his plate number.. as well as witness contact info).
Reminded them that the driver stated he had Alzheimer's. Wonder what his company will say when they find out.

If they tell him he can't drive anymore he'll just forget that he's not allowed to drive! Lol!

justaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
When my mom got here drivers license taken away for medical reasons she kept driving. She said how am I supposed to go get groceries and to her doctors appointments, and she did have a point. When she did get caught by the police, she said to them and the judge "do what you want to me but it no worse than knowing my own time clock has been punched as I am terminal with cancer". The legal system did not want the responsibility of her and let her go with no charges brought against her.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're all gonna love this! Just talked to my insurance (been a week since I gave them all the info and they said they'd try to go after the other driver).

The other driver is UNINSURED!!! Unbelievable! The somewhat good news for me: even though I'll still be paying $500 deductible, the rest will be covered by my "uninsured motorist" insurance, not by collision. This means that my rate will not be affected.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You know it is shame when small ah "brush fires" burn out of control and *catch fire* to surrounding objects; like well - an uninsured vehicle for a example.... :spank::spank:

So that's a moving violation, but no one caught him/her red - handed; therefor no ticket for that! However, your vehicle is damaged by a stationary vehicle.. Yep... love it. :Flip:

On the upswing, if for example a tail light on that uninsured vehicle is always burned out.... haha LEO!!! Look!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
You're all gonna love this! Just talked to my insurance (been a week since I gave them all the info and they said they'd try to go after the other driver).

The other driver is UNINSURED!!! Unbelievable! The somewhat good news for me: even though I'll still be paying $500 deductible, the rest will be covered by my "uninsured motorist" insurance, not by collision. This means that my rate will not be affected.

Maybe you could do him a favor by printing off a helpful bumper sticker:
"Honk to remind me I'm UNINSURED"

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
It's People like that, that kill people. I really hope he gets what he deserves. Like if someone was to call social services and report neglect on the families part. He needs to go to a home where he can be monitored and not be behind the wheel. He could have just as easily ram down a child on the sidewalk. If the family cannot step up and take responsibility for his actions. The state needs to instatutionalize the old man... Smh

We have a couple of neighbor dogs that run amock, caught one fighting with our dog (80 pound mastiff) one night harassing our livestock. Went out to see and the (certain breed) jumped on my wife. Got a max dose of 160 .357mag. The owner still let's the other dogs run amock. Stalked my 3 year old daughter and her aunt checking the mail. The owner will hear from me. He can comply or eat through a straw.

/endrant

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's People like that, that kill people. I really hope he gets what he deserves. Like if someone was to call social services and report neglect on the families part. He needs to go to a home where he can be monitored and not be behind the wheel. He could have just as easily ram down a child on the sidewalk. If the family cannot step up and take responsibility for his actions. The state needs to instatutionalize the old man... Smh

We have a couple of neighbor dogs that run amock, caught one fighting with our dog (80 pound mastiff) one night harassing our livestock. Went out to see and the (certain breed) jumped on my wife. Got a max dose of 160 .357mag. The owner still let's the other dogs run amock. Stalked my 3 year old daughter and her aunt checking the mail. The owner will hear from me. He can comply or eat through a straw.

/endrant

Holy crap @ dogs! Unreal! I called the police department to report uninsured driver (it's illegal in NJ). Our local PD never maid sense in any dealings with them and this was no exception. They asked me to call back when the officer who filed to original report will be on duty (which I will do) :don'tknow:

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Im sorry in advance to any cops on the forum here, but in my experience when you actually need their help with something they are beyond useless, My grandmothers brother recently died, he had a drug addict low life son with only a grade 8 education he adopted who was living in his trailer on and off, the day he died his son came by when he heard and stole 2 trucks, a trailer, and a quad. My grandmother was the only listed beneficiary and was in charge of dealing with everything, Her and my dad got all the vehicle titles transferred to her name the legal way... went to the cops with this info, who did nothing, my dad found one of the trucks listed on Kijiji (Canadian craigslist) for sale, the pictures even had the license plate in view that matched the title!, went to the cops with the guys address, all the info, they said they couldn't do anything and it was now a civil matter because the lowlifes took the ownership out of the glove box and forged a signature on it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Basic police work, the normal grind is becoming less of a priority. It's taking a back seat to more of the violent incidents, which is understandable. It was just last week that Metro, the local law enforcement agency in Las Vegas announced that they will not be responding to any crashes that are non-injury related. They are asking for the drivers to work out the details on their own.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Basic police work, the normal grind is becoming less of a priority. It's taking a back seat to more of the violent incidents, which is understandable. It was just last week that Metro, the local law enforcement agency in Las Vegas announced that they will not be responding to any crashes that are non-injury related. They are asking for the drivers to work out the details on their own.

By golly they catch you doing harmless speeding. Here's a ticket.