Central FL/Orlando FZ'ers?

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Titusville, i work on Tico rd right across from the airport, tico is a perfect road for knee draggin.

I take Tico rd on my way back home from work every time I take the bike.
I'm not at the point of knee dragging, on top that I always see dirt on some turns and Police seems to be around more often.

It is nice to find a local here in the forum :thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
How do we sign up online? As a team or what?
---
I am here: Google Maps

I'll sign up when I get there. I'm trying to get together with some more people to do the ride but I still have no specific times when we'll meet there.
If you're interested I'll keep you posted. If you're planning on doing the ride too we can meet during the registration.

BAD@SSFord

Reaction score
Visit site
I might do that ride as well I just got to get my bike back together. Hopefully I can get my side pods and front fender painted tomorrow and finish tucking all of my extra wires under the tank and get it going by the weekend.

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll sign up when I get there. I'm trying to get together with some more people to do the ride but I still have no specific times when we'll meet there.
If you're interested I'll keep you posted. If you're planning on doing the ride too we can meet during the registration.

Yeah! That works! Just lemme know! Ill be there around 8

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I live just south of Ocala, In belleview. I ride an FZ6R though.

:welcome: to this awesome forum :rockon:

Probably you have already spent some time reading some posts here. You'll realize this community is made out of great people which are very helpful.

Regarding the Ventral Florida area, personally I'm not aware of a ride with forum members so far, I hope we can change that in the near future.

There are two places closer to your location I'd like to ride:
1. Lake Apopka
2. Ozello trail

Have you visited any of them?

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I was told there were about 215 bikes registered.

I met "falcon6123" briefly.

After probably about one mile after we departed (on a ~65 mile ride) the rider parked on my left (riding one bike behind me) went down hard!!!!!!! - I saw the whole thing in my left mirror.

After we came back everybody started leaving - like pissed off.

Overall it was a great ride and it was a nice visit to the police hall of fame.

I'll check what I got on the GoPro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011FZ6R

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this awesome forum :rockon:

Probably you have already spent some time reading some posts here. You'll realize this community is made out of great people which are very helpful.

Regarding the Ventral Florida area, personally I'm not aware of a ride with forum members so far, I hope we can change that in the near future.

There are two places closer to your location I'd like to ride:
1. Lake Apopka
2. Ozello trail

Have you visited any of them?

Thank you sir, I come here mainly to browse since it's larger than the fz6r forum.

I have not visited any of those places though, unfortunately, but I would love to. If anyone is wanting to ride I'll be more than glad to meet up with you guys. Lately I've been seeing quite a few fz6's around the summerfield/villages area when I go to work (lady lake advance auto)

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
I was told there were about 215 bikes registered.

I met "falcon6123" briefly.

After probably about one mile after we departed (on a ~65 mile ride) the rider parked on my left (riding one bike behind me) went down hard!!!!!!! - I saw the whole thing in my left mirror.

After we came back everybody started leaving - like pissed off.

Overall it was a great ride and it was a nice visit to the police hall of fame.

I'll check what I got on the GoPro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude! I was wondering what happened! Thats one reason I don't like to ride in big groups like that, some people just don't know how to ride…

It was nice to meet AngelFZ! Great ride in the end. I'll have to post my pics from the ride. Also, the reason people were leaving pissed off is because they advertised a "free lunch" and when you get up there you had to pay the caterer $8… that was kinda BS cause if it went to the charity it would be fine.

Riding on Sunday around the Daytona area, probably Ocala National Forest… Anyone want to go? Can't be too long for me cause I have to plan a flight for a check ride for that next week.

Last edited:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you sir, I come here mainly to browse since it's larger than the fz6r forum.

I have not visited any of those places though, unfortunately, but I would love to. If anyone is wanting to ride I'll be more than glad to meet up with you guys. Lately I've been seeing quite a few fz6's around the summerfield/villages area when I go to work (lady lake advance auto)

You're very welcome.

On the contrary, I don't really see any FZ6s around here.

falcon6123 said:
Dude! I was wondering what happened! Thats one reason I don't like to ride in big groups like that, some people just don't know how to ride…

It was nice to meet AngelFZ! Great ride in the end. I'll have to post my pics from the ride. Also, the reason people were leaving pissed off is because they advertised a "free lunch" and when you get up there you had to pay the caterer $8… that was kinda BS cause if it went to the charity it would be fine.

Riding on Sunday around the Daytona area, probably Ocala National Forest… Anyone want to go? Can't be too long for me cause I have to plan a flight for a check ride for that next week.

I think after the bridge over US1 the guy accelerated (trying to catch up) once getting closer we were slowing down, probably his intention was to brake hard, I think he blocked the rear tire and probably also blocked the front one since I saw both him and the bike tumbling. I saw him standing up but I was told he was air lifted. I was trying to get information from the news but did not find any.

Last weekend was Toys for Tots were almost 5,000 bike made the ride. I did not do that one, first too many bike (last year there was one broken leg from a bike rear ending another) and I've been putting more work on my house (family coming over).

Today I spent the whole day picking up leaves and cleaning the yard (unfortunately I had to take down a couple of trees, at least we were able to see that some of them were sick!!!!). Tomorrow I still need to put up more time on the yard.

Now my parents are here and in a week or so it will also be my sister an her family, this actually reduces A LOT my motorcycle riding :( but I'll catch up next month!!! :rockon:

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
Figured I might want to advertise it here but there is a trip being planned from Daytona to Key West or Daytona to Somewhere else. We were going to do the dragon but we realized it might be just too cold to do that kind of trip.

The trip starts around March 21-25. Anyone that might be interested, speak up!

William

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from West Central...Tampa. New to this site. Always glad to join folks on a ride.

Figured I might want to advertise it here but there is a trip being planned from Daytona to Key West or Daytona to Somewhere else. We were going to do the dragon but we realized it might be just too cold to do that kind of trip.

The trip starts around March 21-25. Anyone that might be interested, speak up!

I've been riding up to NC during the Spring for the last couple years. Anytime before mid-May is hit or miss as to weather and even last year we froze and got rained on a lot in mid May. Actually still had an awesome time. I'm heading up for the Memorial day weekend this year, basing in Waynesville, which is a little more to the east.

Key West is always a blast with a group and I'd toss out that a ride down in the Glades to Flamingo is a fun time. The entrance into the Glades is right there where you leave the mainland for the Keys. Some of the roads are rough but they're mostly paved. It's really nice in there...lots of lakes.

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from West Central...Tampa. New to this site. Always glad to join folks on a ride.

I've been riding up to NC during the Spring for the last couple years. Anytime before mid-May is hit or miss as to weather and even last year we froze and got rained on a lot in mid May. Actually still had an awesome time. I'm heading up for the Memorial day weekend this year, basing in Waynesville, which is a little more to the east.

Well, the way the weather has been running this season, it really might not be that bad… Guess time will tell when it comes around.