Changed one of my blinkers and now none will work. Even when I put the old one back in.

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
My head light and tail light work bike starts and runs display works, but my blinkers wont work anymore.. Did I blow a fuse?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum that keeps on giving!

Probably. Which directional lamp did you replace? Is it stock OEM directionals or LED? If it's OEM, front or back?

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
So I switched out the fuse with a spare and that did not help. I bought a replacement blinker box. I read that is a possible issue when the wires touch.

BTW the front two blinkers I am switching.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I switched out the fuse with a spare and that did not help. I bought a replacement blinker box. I read that is a possible issue when the wires touch.

BTW the front two blinkers I am switching.

Are the front lamps that you are changing the original FZ6 blinker stalks?

This is important because the front stock bulbs are different from the rear stock bulbs. The original front bulbs have 2 filaments and the original rear bulbs have 1 filament. This means those front bulbs would have to be inserted so that the the 2 filament are running on their specific circuit. One circuit is the "blinker" circuit and the other circuit is the running light circuit. Let us know if this is an original/OEM "blinker' stalk in the front.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted this earlier and got NO RESPONSE...

Wouldn't it be nice if folks answered A question when your trying to help?

Yes it would be helpful. Sometimes English is not a first language. This might mean there is something lost in translation in one or both directions. This can make it much more difficult and lengthy regarding technical ,step by step trouble shooting and instruction. :)

Maybe I can find a picture of that 1157 type lamp and post it so that he can see those 4 wire contacts on the OEM lamp, if that's the problem...

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it is the original stalk it would take the T-20 type dual filament bulb,
7443-bulb.jpg

This type bulb has bent wire contact at the bottom of the lamp and it would be easy to get the wire contact misaligned. I remember having to replace one on my 06 FZ6 and I had to play with the wire contacts and get it in the correct position for them to work properly.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the wrong type lamp was installed there is a good chance the fuse would blow every time the socket is shorted with the wrong bulb. If this is the case, get the correct lamps installed and then replace the fuse as it may be blown.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Which fuse was replaced? When I shortened my rear indicator wires the Park fuse blew.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
Admin, please delete...

Post whore much? Literally the biggest one I gave notice even on Leak forums, hackforums, mpgh and reddit... I was putting flush mounts from hot bodies. I think I might have touched two wires together. My bike has two slots that say spare Fuze.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
If it is the original stalk it would take the T-20 type dual filament bulb,
7443-bulb.jpg

This type bulb has bent wire contact at the bottom of the lamp and it would be easy to get the wire contact misaligned. I remember having to replace one on my 06 FZ6 and I had to play with the wire contacts and get it in the correct position for them to work properly.

Excuse me? What are you talking about?

Might want to read the rules of this forum: http://www.600riders.com/forum/site-announcements/2807-forum-rules.html

I think writing. Remove this post 10 times on the same thread is spamming. Obviously you need to read it before telling others to.

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
115761d1173383250-tail-lights-turn-signals-not-working-img_0002.jpg

Took the 10 that is horizontal and put it in the vertical one third down that indicates they are the front lights.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 68412

Took the 10 that is horizontal and put it in the vertical one third down that indicates they are the front lights.

When a fuse is blown you should be able to look at it and see that the filament is burnt/broken. Please check all of those fuses to see if you have a blown fuse or as I stated previously the tail and license plate light are on the same fuse as the "blinkers". Providing as much information as possible will help us to get a better idea of what direction we need to take to help resolve the issue.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I will take actual pictures tomorrow will come more prepared the next time I need help. :/

Sorry if there have been any misunderstandings on your or TownsendsFJR1300's part.

I think we're all big enough to get the good work done :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think writing. Remove this post 10 times on the same thread is spamming. Obviously you need to read it before telling others to.

I was asking admin to DELETE MY posts... (as I was wrong on the type bulb in the directional).

It was NOT spamming and calling someone a "whore" is against the RULES.

Why is this being ALLOWED by admin????

(And don't worry, when you have other issues, I'll do you the favor and NOT respond.)

Last edited:

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone can see you edited your previous posts last night so don't play the good guy.
Whore - Intransitive pursue a faithless, unworthy, or idolatrous desire.
Unworthy posting to get your post count higher.
It's all in the context.

fastt

Reaction score
Visit site
He edited his posts to make it look like I was the one that miss understood.

Anyways my blinker box controller thing comes tomorrow and I will still take pictures today.