Changed spark plugs... Pics of new/old

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike has 10266 miles on it. A few thousand short of recomended changing, but I ride very hard all the time so I figured, Why not replace them.

The SP swap took right at 30 min. I did all of them except cylinder one (the far left) from the right. I pulled off #4 and took out the plug, then #3,2,1. When i got to #1, I pulled off the cap from the right and loosened it and tightened it from the left side. This one took the most time because it was hard to feel it tighten.

All in all. It was pretty easy. First time changing spark plugs for me. Well i do change the one on my brothers dirtbike and clean it after everyride, but its not on my babys motor. Heres a couple pics. Couldnt get an end view lighting sucks and i dont feel like taking a hundred pics for one clear one.

Couldnt take it out for a spin b/c of my license being suspended til saturday. But it idols good. Seems like the bike has better throttle response.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like normal wear on those old ones, but a good idea to replace around 10k miles anyway. As above, why was your license suspended Nick?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
There's your answer I think,lol

Lol, you'd be surprised how much you can get away with here in the states before they take your license away. Back in college, I did a burn out and 1/4 mile redlining gears in my car right in front of a sherif... and I didn't have my wallet on me, so no license to speak of. All I got was a ticket called "exhibition of speed" which is the middle ground between speeding and drag racing (not a drag race since there was no other car I was racing). My insurance went up for a few years, but no big deal.:spank:

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Well im only 20 and I got 2 speeding tickets within 24 months under the age of 21. I didnt know about court supervision! I do now!

First ticket was 73-55 on my 85 honda v30 magna, second was in my truck driving back from cali in texas 85-70..... gay tickets. I kinda wish i could say i gotta 150-55 or something.

Its only suspended til friday. a month total

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
cept thats usually jail time, impounded bike, 1 year license suspension, and enough fines you have to sell the bike to pay them off. A buddy of mine got stopped for 185 in a 70 and didn't pull over so when they finally closed the road and stopped him he got 9,000 in fines, mandatory 90 day impound on the bike @ like 80-100 dollars a day for that, 30 days in county, and lost his license for a year. Plus, he had to sell his cbr1000 to pay the fines, and he still can't get motorcycle insurance because of that incident, so even if he wanted another bike he's screwed until it falls off his record in 7 years. Not as cool as it seems like it would sound while making bar room talk.

S

sm00thpapa

I got busted 115 in a 55 twice in one weekend. $300.00 in fines come Monday morning and let me tell ya that was enough to teach me a lesson. No more speeding for me for life. Like they say you learn from your mistakes.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
cept thats usually jail time, impounded bike, 1 year license suspension, and enough fines you have to sell the bike to pay them off. A buddy of mine got stopped for 185 in a 70 and didn't pull over so when they finally closed the road and stopped him he got 9,000 in fines, mandatory 90 day impound on the bike @ like 80-100 dollars a day for that, 30 days in county, and lost his license for a year. Plus, he had to sell his cbr1000 to pay the fines, and he still can't get motorcycle insurance because of that incident, so even if he wanted another bike he's screwed until it falls off his record in 7 years. Not as cool as it seems like it would sound while making bar room talk.

No offense but i'm glad your friend is off the road! and not dead