Cheap Brake/clutch levers

I would also want the shorties, but what does 3-finger long mean? also any word if the adjuster can be anything other than red? I guess i could always take the adjuster off and paint it, but not as nice as just having it come as the right color.

I would also want the shorties, but what does 3-finger long mean? also any word if the adjuster can be anything other than red? I guess i could always take the adjuster off and paint it, but not as nice as just having it come as the right color.
Yeah shorties are cool. I've started using 2 fingers to brake now and definitely prefer it. I wish I could do it with the clutch too, but the stock levers are too long! That's why after-market is the only way to go.

They said this about the adjusters:-
Hi, we have the auctions for the shorty levers. You can see the label "short version" on the item icon. Please make sure you bid on the correct length, color and model. The adjusters are only available in red for those black levers, and black adjusters for the levers in other colors.
There maybe more color combination in the future.
They have short versions of the levers for other bikes on ebay, but not ours. The dimensions are posted on the auctions. I asked them about that and will update when I find out. You can see that it's just the red adjusters for the black levers. I also asked if it would be possible to swap the black adjusters onto black levers for me as I want them to be all black to match the bike! :D

I would also want the shorties, but what does 3-finger long mean?
As long as they do a shorter version I'll be buying them. If it's only full-length available then I'll be buying the ASVs later on that cost 5 times as much. They are really nice. They don't do black on black adjusters either, but have much more adjustment than the pazzos (and these).

Just waiting on the guy now.

I've seen these on ebay also and have considered trying them and saving some money. I know that as of the the time of the last post, there was no word yet from the seller as to whether they're available in shorty length, but does anyone know whether the standard length is shorter than our stock lever length?
Thanks, Mike

I've seen these on ebay also and have considered trying them and saving some money. I know that as of the the time of the last post, there was no word yet from the seller as to whether they're available in shorty length, but does anyone know whether the standard length is shorter than our stock lever length?
Thanks, Mike
The measurements are on the auction. Can someone measure their stock levers and let us know. I'm away from home so can't check mine! :ban:

Our stock levers measure 8.5 inches. Since the seller is in Europe, the measurement is in metric, millimeters I think. I guess I'll look for a conversion chart. Re-post as soon as my math challenged self figures it out.
Mike

Our stock levers measure 8.5 inches. Since the seller is in Europe, the measurement is in metric, millimeters I think. I guess I'll look for a conversion chart. Re-post as soon as my math challenged self figures it out.
Mike

Just type into Google search 8.5*25.4

= 215.9mm

(1" = 25.4 mm)

Total price w/ shipping on these levers is $74, so they cost about half what name-brand levers would cost. I'd expect a few weeks to receive them given their location in Hong Kong. Anyone order these yet?

Also, where on the auction page does it specify that you can order shorty versions of these levers? I'd really like the shorty levers instead of the OEM length ones.

Last edited:
Ok, our stock levers measure about 8.5 inches which is about 216 mm. The cheaper ones on ebay measure about 220 mm, so they are about the same as our stock size (5 mm is more or less negligible).
I sent a message to the seller on ebay and they replied that they do in fact make the shorty levers for our bike.
I'm gonna take a leap of faith and order them hoping that they work out.
I probably won't see them for at least a couple of weeks, but I'll post my resullts as soon as I can.
Fingers crossed, Mike

Got an email back, they do have shorty versions of these levers. I guess the only up-side to this auction is everything is in USD. However, both items are coming from Hong Kong so shipping will take about the same amount of time.

Ok, our stock levers measure about 8.5 inches which is about 216 mm. The cheaper ones on ebay measure about 220 mm, so they are about the same as our stock size (5 mm is more or less negligible).
I sent a message to the seller on ebay and they replied that they do in fact make the shorty levers for our bike.
I'm gonna take a leap of faith and order them hoping that they work out.
I probably won't see them for at least a couple of weeks, but I'll post my resullts as soon as I can.
Fingers crossed, Mike
Got a link for the short ones then? I can't see them to buy and they haven't replied to my message yet.

krid80, nice find!

Regarding the item location, "I am from San Diego but moved to Beijing a few years back, that's why the location says "USA, China." Still seems more legit than these other companies.

krid80, nice find!

Regarding the item location, "I am from San Diego but moved to Beijing a few years back, that's why the location says "USA, China." Still seems more legit than these other companies.

yeah, he answered my shipping question quickly and with American English. He used the colloquialism "my bad"

Seems honest enough.

I have now ordered these and will post pics and details after I've installed them. I had to bid on a silver long set and ask for black short ones. The seller confirmed which ones they would be sending me shortly afterwards.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with the ugly red adjusters on the black levers. If anyone buys a coloured set with the black adjusters I'd love to swap with you. I'm sure red levers with read adjusters would look nice on some of these red FZ6s people own! ;)

Did you go for the ones from Hong Kong or the ones from CA? I just ordered a Pair of black shorty from the CA company. He assures me that their in house product is high quality. When i get them on ill get you all pics and an idea on fit etc...

Did you go for the ones from Hong Kong or the ones from CA? I just ordered a Pair of black shorty from the CA company. He assures me that their in house product is high quality. When i get them on ill get you all pics and an idea on fit etc...
They are both chinese sellers. One just puts his location as USA, China. You can see the one I ordered if you click on the "What do y'all think" link in the post above yours. I can't wait. Messing around with my taillight at the moment though. Snow days! Yay! :thumbup:

Oh I see. Well then I wonder if there is much difference between the two??? From pictures they look different. All i know is the alumi they are made out of is a very strong one. I work with it at work and its some tuff stuff. I know it likes to bend before snaping, under a lot of pressure way more then the human hand can give.

Back