Cheap Brake/clutch levers

Oh I see. Well then I wonder if there is much difference between the two??? From pictures they look different. All i know is the alumi they are made out of is a very strong one. I work with it at work and its some tuff stuff. I know it likes to bend before snaping, under a lot of pressure way more then the human hand can give.
There are a few similarities in the holes drilled/milled in them, but they do look very similar. I'm hoping that with the shorty levers I won't have to worry about the strength of them! Touch wood. :spank:

Did you go for the ones from Hong Kong or the ones from CA? I just ordered a Pair of black shorty from the CA company. He assures me that their in house product is high quality. When i get them on ill get you all pics and an idea on fit etc...

How did you get the black shorty levers? all i can find by that guy is the long levers. I would order the shorties today if i could find them from this guy.

How did you get the black shorty levers? all i can find by that guy is the long levers. I would order the shorties today if i could find them from this guy.
He told me that I just needed to add a note onto the auction when paying using the built-in ebay thing stating the size and colour I wanted if it wasn't there. That's why I bought long silver ones and asked for black short ones. I also sent a message after paying using the Ebay message system to make sure I got the right ones. He confirmed it later on after I'd paid too.

He told me that I just needed to add a note onto the auction when paying using the built-in ebay thing stating the size and colour I wanted if it wasn't there. That's why I bought long silver ones and asked for black short ones. I also sent a message after paying using the Ebay message system to make sure I got the right ones. He confirmed it later on after I'd paid too.

Ok, cool, if that is all they need then i will order mine later today! Anyone get theirs yet? pics of them (installed and/not)? they look decent, but Ebay pics can be deceiving.

Ok, cool, if that is all they need then i will order mine later today! Anyone get theirs yet? pics of them (installed and/not)? they look decent, but Ebay pics can be deceiving.
Still waiting for delivery of mine. Deliveries from China can take anything from 2 days to 2 weeks! :)

Total price w/ shipping on these levers is $74, so they cost about half what name-brand levers would cost. I'd expect a few weeks to receive them given their location in Hong Kong. Anyone order these yet?

Also, where on the auction page does it specify that you can order shorty versions of these levers? I'd really like the shorty levers instead of the OEM length ones.
I would be very wary - you get what you pay for. I'd hate to grab the front brake in an emergency and have the lever break in my hand. I'm going to pay the extra to get pazzos. Some things are worth the extra money.

I would be very wary - you get what you pay for. I'd hate to grab the front brake in an emergency and have the lever break in my hand. I'm going to pay the extra to get pazzos. Some things are worth the extra money.

The stock levers are cast aluminum which is very weak and I've never heard of anyone snapping one off from too much applied pressure. Any grade machined billet aluminum is going to be stronger than those.

If you have to squeeze hard enough to snap a machined aluminum lever off (which I doubt anyone on the forum has the strength to do so) the broken lever is going to be the least of your worries.

It's easy to see in the picture of the levers that it's not cast aluminum. It says they are made of 7075 grade aluminum which has a tensil strength of 83,000 pounds per square inch and a yeild strength of 73,000 PSI. Even if they are made of a cheaper aluminum say lower and cheaper 3003 grade that still has a tensil strength of 19,000 PSI and a yeild strength of 18,000 PSI.

I try to by my parts on a performance vs value determination and not the "bling" factor.

The stock levers are cast aluminum which is very weak and I've never heard of anyone snapping one off from too much applied pressure. Any grade machined billet aluminum is going to be stronger than those.

If you have to squeeze hard enough to snap a machined aluminum lever off (which I doubt anyone on the forum has the strength to do so) the broken lever is going to be the least of your worries.

It's easy to see in the picture of the levers that it's not cast aluminum. It says they are made of 7075 grade aluminum which has a tensil strength of 83,000 pounds per square inch and a yeild strength of 73,000 PSI. Even if they are made of a cheaper aluminum say lower and cheaper 3003 grade that still has a tensil strength of 19,000 PSI and a yeild strength of 18,000 PSI.

I try to by my parts on a performance vs value determination and not the "bling" factor.

What bling factor if they look the same? I've bought stuff from China/Taiwan. Now I'll go for European/Japanese made instead. I want a product for a good price that is guaranteed to be a good product. You get that with products such as Pazzo and ASV. They are tried and tested.

What bling factor if they look the same? I've bought stuff from China/Taiwan. Now I'll go for European/Japanese made instead. I want a product for a good price that is guaranteed to be a good product. You get that with products such as Pazzo and ASV. They are tried and tested.

for the most part, I agree. However, ASV and Pazzo levers are waaaaaaaaay over priced for what you get. Not only that, but this is not a complex part. If it were something that required a great tolerance to ensure a proper fit and workmanship, I'd be concerned. But brake and clutch levers are pretty darn simple, even with roll-a-click. As stated above, cast aluminum is as cheap as you can get and that is what I am upgrading from.

for the most part, I agree. However, ASV and Pazzo levers are waaaaaaaaay over priced for what you get. Not only that, but this is not a complex part. If it were something that required a great tolerance to ensure a proper fit and workmanship, I'd be concerned. But brake and clutch levers are pretty darn simple, even with roll-a-click. As stated above, cast aluminum is as cheap as you can get and that is what I am upgrading from.
Makes sense. The main reason I'm upgrading is cos I want short levers. If they look nicer than stock and are stronger that's even better. I refuse to pay what ASV & Pazzos cost for something so small and simple. I couldn't really get shortie replacement levers for any cheaper unless I snap the ends off the stock ones! :D

Still waiting for mine to come in. The only concern I have is going to be the fit. Like will they wobble or snug or too snug.... Other then that if they break then I must of dumped the bike hard.

cant wait to see how they turn out...had a nasty accident few weeks back...wants to change the lever as my OEM one's is badly bend...

Ok, I ordered my set on 12/31/09, about two weeks ago and they arrived today from Hong Kong. I ordered from the company called HK Helmets, or something to that effect. Not from the USA, China company. I got the long levers, but the quality seems great. About twice the weight as the stock levers. I didn't have time to take pictures. Just got them installed (about ten minutes with no complications) and took off for work. I don't usually ride to work but I had to give them a test run. They look as good to me as any of the major name brands, and fit nice and tight. Since I'm writing this from work, stands to reason, the brake lever didn't break off on a stop. And I didn't ride the entire 30 miles to work in first gear, so the clutch lever seems to be working as well as, scratch that, better than the stock one.
Moral of the story, you should feel safe ordering the levers from Hong Kong that we've all been debating over for less that one half of the cost of Pazzo's or ASV's
Mike

Ok, I ordered my set on 12/31/09, about two weeks ago and they arrived today from Hong Kong. I ordered from the company called HK Helmets, or something to that effect. Not from the USA, China company. I got the long levers, but the quality seems great. About twice the weight as the stock levers. I didn't have time to take pictures. Just got them installed (about ten minutes with no complications) and took off for work. I don't usually ride to work but I had to give them a test run. They look as good to me as any of the major name brands, and fit nice and tight. Since I'm writing this from work, stands to reason, the brake lever didn't break off on a stop. And I didn't ride the entire 30 miles to work in first gear, so the clutch lever seems to be working as well as, scratch that, better than the stock one.
Moral of the story, you should feel safe ordering the levers from Hong Kong that we've all been debating over for less that one half of the cost of Pazzo's or ASV's
Mike

Thanks for the update.
The tracking info on my set from the USA/China seller states it cleared chinese customs today. Hope they arrive soon!

Mike
Great. I ordered mine (in short length) from HK Helmets so it sounds like they're okay. Thanks for letting us know. Some pics would be awesome though.

Having trouble finding the web site that you ordered from (HK Helmet?). Can anyone post a link? I'm interested in ordering some levers. Thanks!

there are two different ebay sellers that have been used so far on these. The seller I purchased from is eBay My World - aurelius121ad which is a gentleman from California who is now living in China. He is cheapest at $55 shipped for a pair of shortys (what I ordered). Also he supplies a tracking number that I have been using to follow progress.

Sanger ordered through this company eBay My World - helmet_hk in Hong Kong. The levers look the same in the pictures but are $18.00 higher due to no free shipping.

Also, aurelius121ad has 100% feedback where helmet_hk has 98.7%.

Back