Check out this touring bike!

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
dang.....some weird and wonderful mods on there, but really if you're going round the world like that, wouldn't it make more sense to either a)get the extra two wheels and call it a car or b) get the extra two wheels and ride a bike each?

anyway. Have to ask though - anyone with any idea as to what the two metal "wheels" at the rear of the bike are? I mean it looks a little like it's built to park on it's tail?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa.. can only see pics for now. Looking forward to watching vid tonight.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a link to some of their pictures: Sunset Mongolia | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also those wheels on the back are, I believe, part of a system that was built to install on the sides, almost like training wheels so that when they're in really slippery stuff it gives the bike more stability from tipping over. (video on their website) I saw pictures of the wheels when he used different rubber on them. I also think those wheels could double as some sort of jack/or lift system.

Last edited:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to ask though - anyone with any idea as to what the two metal "wheels" at the rear of the bike are? I mean it looks a little like it's built to park on it's tail?

They might be for their trip in to NYC in case they run into any of those hooligans and feel like they need to wheelie with the sportbikes and quads. :don'tknow:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The tiller out back; likely used for mud bogs as not all roads are dry year round.
I didnt go to the sight, but where those fuel cells on the outside perimeter? Yikes! Hopefully mistaken!

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that's just great. Sure it looks a little funny, but they are traveling around the world, on two wheels, for 3.5 years, and they haven't gotten sick of each other yet.

There are so many things to applaud about that situation and if anyone is making fun of the weird mods, they're just jealous.

If you've seen some of the weird **** on bikes in SE Asia and then you see this, you'd think it was quite normal.