Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested, but would rather buy the finished part(s) from you, or have the stock number of the parts to buy and ship to you. I don't want to have any bike 'down time' and would like to keep the stock parts unmodified in case I want to revert back to the stock set-up.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, any updates?

Just as a heads up I went ahead and ordered a clutch slave lever from Ron Ayers on the 4th and it still has not shipped to me. Their site says it has been ordered from their vendor (Yamaha?), they'll let me know once they ship it to me.
Long story short, there may be delays if you wants to get your own lever to send in. I bought one just as a backup/spare.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
If you guys would rather buy the part and then ship it to me, that is totally fine with me. If you want to send in your used parts when you receive the updated parts, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you for those parts. Like I said before, the biggest pain point for me was not knowing when I'd be getting parts or if I'd have enough for a run period. I figured this would be a good time to do this since many of you have your bikes parked for the winter anyways. I know I've only ridden my fizzy a couple times this winter.

I'm going to compile an initial list this weekend of all the people who have responded and I'll post it up.

I should be able to start this project next week, first will be ordering the materials I need depending on how many people want to do this.

Last edited:

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll look up the other part number for the bracket. Basically you need that lever and the bracket that holds the cable.

If you mean the bracket with the pivot at the end of the lever, the fiche at Ron Ayers shows it to be included with the lever (it does not list a separate part number for just the bracket). Do you mean another, separate bracket?

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
If you mean the bracket with the pivot at the end of the lever, the fiche at Ron Ayers shows it to be included with the lever (it does not list a separate part number for just the bracket). Do you mean another, separate bracket?

Killernoodle is also going to modify the clutch cable holder, which is part no. 5VX-15441-00-00, cost about $6.
attachment.php

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Killernoodle is also going to modify the clutch cable holder, which is part no. 5VX-15441-00-00, cost about $6.
attachment.php

Thats the one. The problem with making the lever longer is it makes the angle of the cable coming out of the outer part of the cable pretty extreme. This can cause rubbing that will eventually wear through the plastic protector on the inner cable.

Get me those two pieces and I'll modify and powdercoat them both.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered my parts, and will receive them from Yamaha Canada on Tuesday. Will ship them to you when you're ready to mod... This may be an option for those who live near the border/don't mind paying shipping to the U.S. if Ron Ayers sells out... :D

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I just talked to my buddy who works at a fabrication shop. He can CNC plasma the lever arms out for me no problem. I just have to autocad one out and email him the drawing.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you fabricate the clutch cable holder too? I've been calling around, and the levers seem to be available, but not the cable holder, and there's no estimated availability date listed.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you fabricate the clutch cable holder too? I've been calling around, and the levers seem to be available, but not the cable holder, and there's no estimated availability date listed.

Not really, thats a pretty complex little part with lots of bends and crazy attachment points in it. I don't really have the ability to make complex bends with my tools.

This would be tons easier if you just send me your parts. The turnaround time will probably be less than 2 weeks door to door.

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the specs on the bracket. I ordered mine, but just as a spare. I am ready to pull the parts off my bike to send them to you, when you are ready. I am not riding until spring anyways. (damn winter!)