cruise control

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I am thinking about getting a cruise control for those long straight rides with no stops like I have to work about 30 miles no stopping. What kind do any of you have how much was it and how do you like it?

I have been thinking of getting an aftermarket all out cruise module so I can actually take my right hand off the bars for a bit. Of course I will wire the brake lights into the cancel feature so that if I hit the brakes, it will turn it off.

Khyren

I have been thinking of getting an aftermarket all out cruise module so I can actually take my right hand off the bars for a bit. Of course I will wire the brake lights into the cancel feature so that if I hit the brakes, it will turn it off.

Khyren

is there such a thing for bikes? i've never heard of them before,,,

I have found and electonic cruise control but it is around 900 dollars, and they dont even list it for the FZ6 i am shure they have one that would work if you called them but i dont want to spend that kind of money on a cruise control. I will probably get just a manual one that clamps on your grip and disengages with the front brake. Motorcycle Cruise Controls - ATV, 4 Wheelers and Quad Bike Accessory & Parts

Here is something to look at for "real" cruise control. These electronic units should keep the speed fixed, and will disengage if you brake or pull in the clutch (spike in RPM). I may consider this mod if I end up doing longer tours.

Installing an Audiovox Cruise Control on an FJR1300
Audiovox Cruise Control Install

For not, I am using the vista cruise universal, and it works pretty good at locking the throttle, but the speed does fluctuate with terrain.

RRG

Here is something to look at for \\\"real\\\" cruise control. [COLOR=\\"Red\\"]These electronic units should keep the speed fixed, and will disengage if you brake or pull in the clutch (spike in RPM). I may consider this mod if I end up doing longer tours.[/COLOR]

Installing an Audiovox Cruise Control on an FJR1300
Audiovox Cruise Control Install

For not, I am using the vista cruise universal, and it works pretty good at locking the throttle, but the speed does fluctuate with terrain.

RRG

Nice idea, but looks like more work than it is worth....:(

I would rather deal with the minor speed changes of the mech units...just my $0.02...

Full-on cruise controls are very complex, pretty difficult to install, and just one more thing that will break. If you just want to give the wrist a rest you can get by with a throttle lock. There are a few out there, but Throttlemeister (Throttlemeister - Home) is the cleanest. Good use of $150, IMHO.

Back