Custom Billet top clamp...for clip-on's!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, love this bit of kit, found it online in Italy, and i have never seen it before i saw it and bought it, and now cant find anything from the same mob online anywhere now! So it's a bit of a mystery.

All i know is, it has sloved a big issue for me...it has got rid of the "spare" handlebar risers that were left on my OEM top clamp, after i had converted my bike to clip-on handlebar's.

It is made of Billet aluminium, and is beautiful quality, only thing was it did not quite fit...the sleeve underneath where the steering head nut comes through the clamp was too small...only just, but never the less, Mikey and I had to shave a bit off the sleeve to get the thing to fit!

Other than that, it looks damn hot IMHO, and in black, it suits the theme of my bike perfectly.

Here are the photo's.

View attachment 31530

View attachment 31531

View attachment 31532

View attachment 31533

View attachment 31534

View attachment 31535

View attachment 31536

View attachment 31537

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bling
Pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More about the function than bling....takes away those deadly looking handlebar risers, that just scream dangerous without bars perched on them, it is also lighter as well...but, yes, the bling factor is very high too!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
top job wolfman. it looks veerrry preety. there are quite a few members on this forum that have knack in finding such rare items! the vast majority of members here have a great sense of fashion/ taste when modding their bike and wolfman sits near the top echelons :rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
top job wolfman. it looks veerrry preety. there are quite a few members on this forum that have knack in finding such rare items! the vast majority of members here have a great sense of fashion/ taste when modding their bike and wolfman sits near the top echelons :rolleyes:

Lol....Thanks, i think! except maybe for the Sarcastic rolling of the eyes smiley at the end of your post???

:confused:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice part..wish there were more like it out there.

So, if you don't mind me asking...what did it cost?

Any idea why you can't find the company anymore?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice part..wish there were more like it out there.

So, if you don't mind me asking...what did it cost?

Any idea why you can't find the company anymore?

It cost me about $150 Australian.

As for why i cant find the company anymore, well that's a little weird, i trawl Ebay International regularly for FZ6 bits & pieces, which normally means sifting through about 7000 listings worldwide, each time!

One night i ran across this top clamp...had never ever seen it before, the whole ad was in Italian, and all our correspondence was in Italian...no i dont speak Italian...google translator rocks!

Anyway, i bought it, and it was here within a week...straight after i got it, i went to see exactly what other stuff the seller might have (ie; a billet bottom triple clamp would be cool!), and there are no more listing's from this seller...

I searched for the brand name printed on the Top Clamp, and i cant find anything for that either...

It's like it was someone who started making these, and had little interest, and has not made anymore...weird i say.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It cost me about $150 Australian.

As for why i cant find the company anymore, well that's a little weird, i trawl Ebay International regularly for FZ6 bits & pieces, which normally means sifting through about 7000 listings worldwide, each time!

One night i ran across this top clamp...had never ever seen it before, the whole ad was in Italian, and all our correspondence was in Italian...no i dont speak Italian...google translator rocks!

Anyway, i bought it, and it was here within a week...straight after i got it, i went to see exactly what other stuff the seller might have (ie; a billet bottom triple clamp would be cool!), and there are no more listing's from this seller...

I searched for the brand name printed on the Top Clamp, and i cant find anything for that either...

It's like it was someone who started making these, and had little interest, and has not made anymore...weird i say.

Strange Indeed!

Thank you for the info Wolfman. That is a absolute steal for that part!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Strange Indeed!

Thank you for the info Wolfman. That is a absolute steal for that part!!!

I will keep searching...i must admit when i saw it on E-Bay, i nearly fell off my seat! It was like, hello, you are just what i have been looking for!!!!

I will continue to look into finding out where this item can be found...if i do find the elusive Italian i will post a link.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just sent another e-mail to the seller, asking whether there are more of these available....he currently has no other items for sale on E-bay, but is listed as a business seller...

From Torino, in Italy.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hey Wolf,

If there is enough interest you might want to think about taking that top clamp to a local fabricator and seeing how much to 'reporduce them'. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that is pretty trick. Good find. $150 AUS isn't too bad for a one off part.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In Australia, that is crazy cheap for a part of this quality....

Hell that's a great price in the US, $149.00! However the USD has gone to crap this week against the Euro. It'd probably be an arm and a leg now.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
(really made in italy) is that what it says on the clamp? :rof:

Yes, that's exactly what it says! Gave me a big smile when I read that! Obviously the Italians are getting pi$$Ed at at all the copy cats out there these days!