Do these bags make my butt look too big?

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be honest now...

I bought saddle bags and a tail bag so that I can ride up and down California all summer if I want to - warning: the videos on this forum cause grandiose thoughts!

I really like the bags, but I'm concerned that they block my rear end turn signals from anywhere but exactly behind me. Also, I mounted them connected to the rear foot peg braces and under the tail (nothing plastic that could break). I'm kind of nervous about actually riding with them, not knowing what effects they may cause. Any tips? Opinions?

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I like'm.
Wouldn't be concerned at all about the lighting issue....I don't see one.
Never rely on your turn signals for notifying drivers anyways..... I see them more as a requirement for the traffic act. Your shoulder and mirror check is gonna be what saves you.
Bags look great....you are gonna like them.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good to me! Check the different web stores for bag supports for your bike. When I had my soft luggage, I got inspiered from another member that made his own.

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. Let us know how the ride changes. I'm intersted in some side bags. Still need some more safty gear first.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They look good! I always liked the Cortech tail bags and eventually may get a set!

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good.

One word of advice, put a couple layers of easily removable tape (i.e. gaffer tape, not duct tape) on the side panels where the bags touch. Doesn't matter how anti-scratch they claim, having a heavy saddlebag resting against a painted surface, with dirt sitting in between, is guaranteed to leave some marks.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice bags indeed. If you're concerned about hidden turn signals, consider a license plate frame with integrated indicators. Inexpensive and effective.. and still clean looking.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! I don't know where I might be going yet this summer...but I'm ready! Where would you go??

I'll admit that I got these after upgrading my riding gear. There are some pretty good deals online if you look for awhile. And if you just got an insurance settlement, yeah that helps a lot too.

As for the scratches...the saddlebags do a good job of hiding the worst ones! :thumbup: There was that one time I tried to make a u-turn on a slope (left side) and that other time I stopped over a ditch (right side). I doubt tape will be needed at this point.

I'm still waiting for the picture of the butt.

Does this :spank: work for you? :D Actually, I'll see if I can get a shot of Jerry's for you on our ride this Saturday!

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Saddlebags are great.....I'm not keen on top boxes as regards stability. Particularly if they're heavily loaded and mounted way back on the bike.

So I always use bags.....and these ones are pretty big compared to most.....

faz29.jpg

faz30.jpg

The only thing I always advise people (though it is common sense) is to balance them evenly with a similar weight in each.

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! I don't know where I might be going yet this summer...but I'm ready! Where would you go??

2 years back I took the 1 all the way up the coast, then after it ended took the 101 to seattle.

A little past the Golden Gate Bridge you are going to come across the best coastline scenic riding is probable all the world.

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
What model Cortech bag(s) are these? Is the 'tail' section integrated with the two saddle bags? Were they a package deal?
Thanks,
Tom

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What model Cortech bag(s) are these? Is the 'tail' section integrated with the two saddle bags? Were they a package deal?
Thanks,
Tom

They are the Cortech Super 2.0 series. The saddlebags are 36L and the tail bag is 24L. They can be purchased (and used) together or separately.

The tail bag was harder to mount on its own because there isn't much that is really secure in the back. I didn't take a picture of just the tail bag, but IMO it looks good alone.

They seem very well designed and built. The price is a little :eek: but I think this is one of those situations where its worth it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The real test will be how well your bags hold up against the speed, with the wind whipping against the bags and see how much movement or shift they will have once you're clicking along.