Do you remember getting your 1st MC?

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you remember getting your 1st MC?

I sure do, it was exactly 1yr ago today :rockon: A friend, Dave and I hooked up a trailer to his dads Yukon and set off for Annapolis MD a 3hr trip. We met up with a US Army member about to ship out to Egypt looking for some spending $$. After a short inspection (bike was 100%) and test ride by Dave (I was so excited i was shaking) I put $3K in his hand. that's $2900 for the FZ and $100 for a Firstgear heated pants/jacket/gloves w/controller. We loaded her up, took a few pics, and went straight to the WV DMV. I called and put ins. on her on the way. Left the DMV after putting my new tag on my new bike. Got back to Dave's and unloaded her and went for my first ride (after gearing up) as a MC owner! Took a pic then too :D

BTW Thanks go out to Chad from Annapolis 1st off for serving this country and 2nd for letting his FZ go at a great price!!

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
1978, a 74 KH400, I did have a few dirt bikes before that but the Kaw was my first street bike.
6083841592_8fc258ffd4_z.jpg

Last edited:

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
What fun.

My first bike was not really mine but it was the one I learned on at me Grand Fathers farm. This is not it but it was one just like it.

Cushman.jpg

That was a couple of years ago. :D

One of the first ones that I actually owned was some type of Honda, I think it was a 150cc something or other.

Bikessmall.jpg

And the habit was set for life. :D

Marc

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure do! It was 23 years ago. I was 14 and my dad drove me for about 2 hours to go pick the bike up. It was a 50cc, 2-speed 5hp 2-stroke animal.
I had no idea what I was doing and were no gear whatsoever! It's a miracle I never got hurt or killed really! It wasn't fast, but top speed was about 40mph.. enough to do serious damage.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
My first bike! 1982 Honda Nighthawk 650.
http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic-bikes-2/cb650sc.jpg
This was a great bike and if I ever run across one would buy one again! I had that bike for thirteen years and put over 25000 miles on it! I still know where it is and the same guy owns it that bought it from me. I asked about buying it back and he said NO! Not quite that nicely! :Flip:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! A friend of mine had an early '70s Kawi 250 2-stroke enduro laying in pieces in his backyard in about 1995. Someone had removed all of the electronics trying to make it a dirtbike, and stopped in the middle of the project. I offered my friend $20 for it, with the caveat that I could work on it right there, because I didn't have a place of my own. He agreed, and I dug all of the pieces out of the dirt and put it back together. Some cleaning of the carb, a new sparkplug, tires, and a tank of gas, and I was able to fire it up and ride it home! He had the nerve to offer me my $20 back when I got it started. I laughed and rode it home. First time riding a motorcycle was on my own motorcycle! Awesome.

Kawi1.jpg

Kawi3.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! A friend of mine had an early '70s Kawi 250 2-stroke enduro laying in pieces in his backyard in about 1995. Someone had removed all of the electronics trying to make it a dirtbike, and stopped in the middle of the project. I offered my friend $20 for it, with the caveat that I could work on it right there, because I didn't have a place of my own. He agreed, and I dug all of the pieces out of the dirt and put it back together. Some cleaning of the carb, a new sparkplug, tires, and a tank of gas, and I was able to fire it up and ride it home! He had the nerve to offer me my $20 back when I got it started. I laughed and rode it home. First time riding a motorcycle was on my own motorcycle! Awesome.

Kawi1.jpg

Kawi3.jpg

That's a cool looking bike!!! Awesome story too!!! My first bike was my 06 dl-650 vstrom, I loved it until I wrecked it. Put it back together and sold it. But the first street bike that I learned to ride was my dads Yamaha v-star classic 650, pretty small as far as cruisers go but IMO it was a great bike to learn on. I already had a decent amount of riding on dirt from tt125's to rmx 250's but even if I had not I still think the yamaha would have been a good bike to learn on.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
1978 KH400, I did have a few dirt bikes before that but the Kaw was my first street bike.
6083841592_8fc258ffd4_z.jpg

Thats the bike i was going to get when i traded my Suzuki GT185 in . But the part ex was crap so i got a GT 380 from a different dealer.Only photos are at my mums and she cant find them! :rolleyes:

Oh first legal bike was the 185.Brand new.Like alot i had many bikes before going legal

Last edited:

ChaosCrayons

Reaction score
Visit site
I was a whole 6 and a half years old when I walked out christmas morning and stared stunned at the christmas tree looking at my brand new 50cc Honda. I loved that thing and rode it everywhere, even when I wasnt supposed to.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What fun.

My first bike was not really mine but it was the one I learned on at me Grand Fathers farm. This is not it but it was one just like it.

Cushman.jpg

That was a couple of years ago. :D

One of the first ones that I actually owned was some type of Honda, I think it was a 150cc something or other.

Bikessmall.jpg

And the habit was set for life. :D

Marc

I was watching American Pickers not to long ago, they found one of those Cushmans, had it restored, and sold it for something like 5 or 6k!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We had a thread like this not long ago.

My first bike was a Bridgestone 250 (yes the tire company) I can't find an exact picture of the 250 but this 350 is close to what it looked like. Fun little 2 stroke and i road it to New York City and on a little dirt track for young horses behind our neighborhood.

mc027.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, barely:rolleyes:
It was a 19**(don't remember exact date of the thing) Puch 250 2 stroke.
Bought it in 1964 before AGATT, guess we just didn't know any better, didn't even wear a helmet:spank:

Jerry

Maybe like these Jerry? :D

7564_0_1_4_250%20sgs_Image%20credits%20-%20Chad%20Burke.jpg

SM-RIH%2B5-16-09%2B023.jpg

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
400251_2807067465510_1523371748_32746268_1617263269_n.jpg

I'm the little guy.

First motorcycle of my own. Bought a brand new 07 R1. Go big or go home right? =P A month and a half later I was doing my first over night touring ride with the CSC, hence the tail bag.

1000994do5.jpg