Do you ride a Ducati?

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm waiting in line to get my yearly parking pass for work and saw this chick I work with. We start chatting about the hot weather outside and how unbearable it is wearing all my gear. I then get the most annoying question of all time, "Do you ride a Ducati?" This girl knows absolutely nothing about motorcycles, except that apparently it's 'cool' to have a Ducati. So I reply, "No, I ride a Yamaha FZ6." She of course gives me this confused look, as if I'm speaking some foreign tongue. There's also this guy I work with as well that has never been on a bike his entire life, and he's always saying, "I want a Ducati.... They're the best..." Really?? These people annoy me... They're almost as bad as everyone that asks me what kind of Harley do I own...

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend how knows all about bikes and goes to every motogp just started working at Ducati. Did I mention shes hot? Now just to pry the pictures of her on my FZ6 from her so I can prove it. Since we all know my post is useless without. Btw she has this tight (girls) ducati shirt and I asked her if I could borrow it to come visit her on her first day so that I could 'look the part' of a ducati owner.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend how knows all about bikes and goes to every motogp just started working at Ducati. Did I mention shes hot? Now just to pry the pictures of her on my FZ6 from her so I can prove it. Since we all know my post is useless without. Btw she has this tight (girls) ducati shirt and I asked her if I could borrow it to come visit her on her first day so that I could 'look the part' of a ducati owner.

So what you're saying is that you're part of the problem....lol...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm waiting in line to get my yearly parking pass for work and saw this chick I work with. We start chatting about the hot weather outside and how unbearable it is wearing all my gear. I then get the most annoying question of all time, "Do you ride a Ducati?" This girl knows absolutely nothing about motorcycles, except that apparently it's 'cool' to have a Ducati. So I reply, "No, I ride a Yamaha FZ6." She of course gives me this confused look, as if I'm speaking some foreign tongue. There's also this guy I work with as well that has never been on a bike his entire life, and he's always saying, "I want a Ducati.... They're the best..." Really?? These people annoy me... They're almost as bad as everyone that asks me what kind of Harley do I own...
Your answer should have been "Yes its a Ducati I will pick you up for dinner"

Nelly

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Look, Ducatis ARE the best, plain and simple. You ride a Yama..what?? Please.. not only is it a no-name bike, one of your headlights is out!!! :rof:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

LOL

Too true! Same thing at my office.

Luckily just mentioning that I ride a motorcycle gets people interested.

I keep it vague unless I see that the people actually know their motorcycle otherwise I say I ride a sports bike.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
one of your headlights is out!!! :rof:

I've only been riding this thing for one Summer and I'm already tired of hearing this! It's even better when you tell them it's supposed to be like that and they look at you with an expression that reads: "Maybe you didn't hear me, I don't think you know only one headlight is on..."

Anyway Ducatis have valve adjustments at what, like every 6k or miles or something, and it costs more than for us. Instant turn off.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
just put a piece of tape over each of the yamaha symbols and write "DUC" on one side and "Harley D" on the other side....that way you got everyone covered :thumbup::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof: