Error Code Trouble

rbtaylor78

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all -

I'm new to the site and wanting to know a little about an error I received yesterday and this morning. After some research on the site, I came up with this:

Fault Code: 19
Diagnostic Code: 20
Symptom: Open circuit in the input line of ECU No4 terminal is detected when the start switch is pressed.
Probable cause of malfunction:

Open circuit in wiring harness (ECU coupler).
Malfunction in ECU.

My trouble now is: what the heck is ECU No 4 terminal - AND - Open circuit in wiring harness (ECU coupler)???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rb

godminus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all -

I'm new to the site and wanting to know a little about an error I received yesterday and this morning. After some research on the site, I came up with this:

Fault Code: 19
Diagnostic Code: 20
Symptom: Open circuit in the input line of ECU No4 terminal is detected when the start switch is pressed.
Probable cause of malfunction:

Open circuit in wiring harness (ECU coupler).
Malfunction in ECU.

My trouble now is: what the heck is ECU No 4 terminal - AND - Open circuit in wiring harness (ECU coupler)???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rb

Well Open circuit in wiring harness means you might have a short circuit in your wiring harness. the wiring harness is just a band of a certain number of wires in your motorcycle. it might have something to do with the harness that connects to the ECU which is the Engine control unit.

good luck!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does the bike start? Is the battery in good charged condition?
It shouldn't be a short circuit if the error code is saying open circuit.

Check all your connectors. Pull the tank up and inspect and check all plugs first.

Hope it works out for you!

Last edited:

rbtaylor78

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys - I getting now 2 different Fault Codes over the last two days (19 & 33)!!!

The bike starts, but when I receive a fault code - it kills the bike. I usually able to start it again (either by switch or popping the clutch) - this is just getting frustrating!!! I just put some awesome tires and new chain/sprockets on the thing Tuesday and getting the problems the same day!!!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Thanks guys - I getting now 2 different Fault Codes over the last two days (19 & 33)!!!

The bike starts, but when I receive a fault code - it kills the bike. I usually able to start it again (either by switch or popping the clutch) - this is just getting frustrating!!! I just put some awesome tires and new chain/sprockets on the thing Tuesday and getting the problems the same day!!!

If you had no 'faults' before you worked on the bike...... look very closely at the areas you touched. Check for any wiring you may have disturbed.

rbtaylor78

Reaction score
Visit site
If you had no 'faults' before you worked on the bike...... look very closely at the areas you touched. Check for any wiring you may have disturbed.
Yep - no faults before. I had to take it in to get the work done (no special equipment for tire change). I called the mechanic and he's telling me it CANNOT be anything he did. I'm gonna check a few more things (TPS Recall) and look for another local guy to take a look.

Cheers RJ - thanks for responding.