Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you had more shots of it on the bike.. after browsing the givi site, im pretty much sold anyways.. thanks again man

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer. I take my case for granted and can't imagine it falling off, that would suck. Looks like you got a pretty tough case though.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok I recieved another email from givi.. I'd post it up, but basically they want me to send them the case and top rack (or the top of the rack)... Im actually excited to see what they have to say.. I don't think they are going to warrenty it or anything, actually do they have a warrenty?? either way, I just want to know what could have happened and how to prevent in the future... now i just have to find a big enough box to send it in.. and I'm sure that it wont be cheap, but will be cool to see what they have to say... :thumbup:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe i still have the box and the papers/lables/rosy promises mine came with. I'll see if there is any warranty on those papers. I'm about 1 hour away - let me know if you want the box - maybe we can figure something out.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got home and found papers that came with the box and the mounting plate. Nothing surprising - a 24 month warranty on manufacturing defects, for replacement, go to your local dealer, blah-blah. :-( Sorry this isnt more helpful.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
no its cool.. i didnt even know there was a warenty.. i bought mine used anyways.. i sent the case and rack plate out this afternoon (thanks for the box offer).. honestly if it can help them make better products, more power to them.. i just wanted to know what i could do in the future to help prevent this.. thay said they had to see the case and rack to determine.. no big deal, except the back of the bike looks funny with the rack bars, but not plate...

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
update: so fedex delivered the rack and case today.. hopefully it will only be a few days till they get back to me.. I'll keep you all posted

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
update: so fedex delivered the rack and case today.. hopefully it will only be a few days till they get back to me.. I'll keep you all posted

Zip-tie a teddy bear in place of top plate for now and take a pic for BOTM :D

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE!!!

so today I come home to find a givi box on my door step. opened it up and inside was a new top rack plate and my case with a new top and reflector, but the same bottom of the case. HANDS DOWN IS GIVI THE BEST MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE MAKER!!!! What an awesome company!!! i seriously can't even begin to express my words of gratitude. I didnt recieve a note or email with what the problem could have been, but since they sent me a new top plate, I asume they must have found some sort of problem with mine.. I sent them an email asking, but i am soo happy right now. not to get al sappy, but things have not been exactly the greatest lately and this was a great pick-me-up.. I just can't say enough good things about them.. I'll snap some photo's later as i dont have my camera with me (sisters wedding is saturday and mom has the camera).. oh and he is the email i sent to them:

"GIVI,

I received my case back with what looks like a new top rack plate. THANK YOU SOO MUCH.. You went above and beyond for me as I never thought you would take care of it like that. I stand behind every one of your products as they are the BEST!!! I just wanted to ask what you found out from it. Did you think that the plate had some sort of malfunction? Once again I just wanted to say thanks and the I will recommend your products to everyone I can.

Sincerely,"

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE. Glad to hear it worked out well for you. It's always great to hear about companies who stand behind their product. hats off to GIVI.

Thank you for sharing!

TS

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's an awesome reinforcement to why I chose Givi. I will be purchasing saddlebags from them in the spring, and even though they cost more that some other kits available, here is justification as to why! :thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
even more update!!!

so i got and email back saying to call givi to get the explination of how this could have happened.. i was on the phone for like 20 mins hearing everything they tried and they said they could not get the case to fail.. he said that it could have been that one of the slide latches just wants on, but never implied that it would have been my fault (as i know i put it on correctly anyways).. but he just said they decided to fix it the best they could (which it looks brand new now) and replace the top rack and chaulk it up to a one in a million chance that it could have happened.. said they have NEVER heard of a case failing like that.. once again I was blow away by how much they stand behind their products.. I know givi is definitly not the cheapest, but they by far are the BEST!!!! :thumbup:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
even more update!!!

so i got and email back saying to call givi to get the explination of how this could have happened.. i was on the phone for like 20 mins hearing everything they tried and they said they could not get the case to fail.. he said that it could have been that one of the slide latches just wants on, but never implied that it would have been my fault (as i know i put it on correctly anyways).. but he just said they decided to fix it the best they could (which it looks brand new now) and replace the top rack and chaulk it up to a one in a million chance that it could have happened.. said they have NEVER heard of a case failing like that.. once again I was blow away by how much they stand behind their products.. I know givi is definitly not the cheapest, but they by far are the BEST!!!! :thumbup:

I'm not sure what you mean by "one of the slide latches just wants on."
Could you explain?
thx

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to see it all worked out for you. I'll definitely have to consider this brand if I want a hard case. Good customer service can make a difference in the level of trust for a product.

I'm not sure what you mean by "one of the slide latches just wants on."
Could you explain?
thx

I think he means wasn't instead of wants.