Few pics of today's ride

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Perfect weather in socal today for a last minute morning ride and pizza/brewery!

Thanks for the company John! (Cali Rider)

Here is the Buell, while waiting for John: 7:00am sharp in front of our breakfast place (note the sky)

4569123547_5b6d7656f5_b.jpg

Here is John, 5 min late :spank: :D

4569765748_23ec6d3440_b.jpg

took a quick break there:

4569128193_3e458bce76_b.jpg

4569129193_af5613aa4f_b.jpg

We did Montezuma down and back up, and then Palomar...

Mr Clemson was there (he made me go a bit wide after I saw him on the corner of my eye) :eek:

DM_03595.jpg

I was supposed to have video, but the tape got jammed and I can't seem to get any video at all from it anymore :( I was looking forward to re-seeing John's nice slide on his 10k miles -worn out- rear bt021's going down Palomar... too bad :rockon:

Awesome day nonetheless!

Last edited:
Great pictures Dave! Would have liked to hook up with you guys. But was booked with family today anyway. Will ride with SoCal Riders tomorrow doing the southern run near the border.

You guys had some perfect weather for it and that Buell looks awesome in that turn! :rockon: I'm going to Rick Clemson to look for a shot of John.

Can't believe Jon & Poncherello are still riding :rof:

Looks like you had a great ride.

Do you ever scrape that Jardine?..... :eek:

Great pictures Dave! Would have liked to hook up with you guys. But was booked with family today anyway. Will ride with SoCal Riders tomorrow doing the southern run near the border.

You guys had some perfect weather for it and that Buell looks awesome in that turn! :rockon: I'm going to Rick Clemson to look for a shot of John.

No pics, not that it matters. My rear 021 was shot and I was having traction issues all day. Coming up Montezuma I was having full rear wheel drifts trying to keep up with David, a bit unsettling to say the least! On our way down S. Grade I had another big moment of sideways action and just buried the side stand in the pavement. David could both see and HEAR it, after that I just waved him by and put it in cruise mode the rest of the day.

016's are going on today...

Ride safe today and post pics Cliff! :)

Do you ever scrape that Jardine?..... :eek:

It touched once on a speed bump, but no big deal :rockon:

Can't believe Jon & Poncherello are still riding :rof:

lol.........

Nice photo's! Looks like the cops are breaking the law, riding 2 abreast! :spank:

Not sure what the rules are for riding side by side in California, but here in Nevada, it's legal to ride 2 abreast as long as both riders acknowledge one another to do so.

Nice pics, and im diggin the bike :) Makes me want to get off my ass and go ride. We just had some nice tornadoes go by couple days ago. Also I ordered the RX1N Finally, Im going to try to mount it to the triple tree like you did on your fz6. If you had any pics of this, it would be great, if not, ill figure it out.

pic is from here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/28876-here-we-go.html

photo5.jpg

I used the threaded hole that's there (you can see the bolt head ^), and then drilled/tapped the second location 4-5 inches to the left -see above pic-). The stock KOSO speedo bracket (minus one section of it if I remember right) fit there solidly after some adjusting of the small stock speedo screws to get the proper angle... let me know if you run into troubles... it will fill that hole between your top triple and headlight mini-fairing perfectly :)

Last edited:
Ride safe today and post pics Cliff! :)

Got eaten on a tight little turn on Highland Valley Rd today. Was still a blast and one of the best rides I've ever done. I think I have some messed up ribs but the bike was rideable. Can't wait for the next ride! :rockon:

Got eaten on a tight little turn on Highland Valley Rd today. Was still a blast and one of the best rides I've ever done. I think I have some messed up ribs but the bike was rideable. Can't wait for the next ride! :rockon:

WTF? You ok? :eek:

huh Cliff? you crashed? :(

What happened? Too hot and low side? U seen a doctor yet?

Details please, send it privately if you want.

WTF? You ok? :eek:

Guess you could say to hot in the turn. But the front started going (I don't think it should have, tires were great all day) and of course I was now out of my line going wide. There was dirt just past the hump on the turn and as I went over the hump I straightened to hopefully track my front wheel in the dirt and minimalize the crash or make a save. It just all went to hell! The dirt was so sandy and soft. Damage is mostly on the left side but there must have been a lot more going on with the bike as I got planted because there's damage to the rear sub frame and exhaust. There's damage I can't figure out. It looks like the bike flipped in the dirt cuz one exhaust tip was packed with dirt.

Haven't sought medical attention because I honestly believe They'd tell me to go home. I am in pain but my endorphins are poppin pretty good. I laid down in the bed for a bit and couldn't get up until Lisa help pull me up and it was painful.

I just started a new job and have to get to work in the morning. Yes, I know I might feel pretty messed up in the morning but it's not the first time I've been hurt and prolly won't be the last.

Thanks all for your concern!

:( morning's going to be painful.... take care of yourself first and let us know how it goes... wish I was in SD to come give a hand.

Back