Some SoCal warmth and love

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, Cali rider and I rode Palomar Mountain and Montezuma Valley Rd. into Borrego Springs. We ran into riders from SoCal Riders Group (A local bunch I also ride with) in town and had lunch together and railed back up Monty and home. Got to ride Cali riders new Kawasaki and I'm so impressed with this machine. It's got power way down at 4k and the brakes are phenomenal! You just have to think it into the turns!
Speeds were fast today. John and David rocked up and down the mountains. The weather was so excellent and we had to take off layers to cool off once we were in Borrego Springs. Here are a few pics.

Wavex and Cali rider up on Palomar. Weather was supreme! Not cold up here even though there was snow.
picture.php

John's new Kawasaki ZX6R, my FZ and David's Buell.
picture.php

Wavex and Cali rider on Montezuma Valley Rd. :spank:They were effin fast!!!!:eek::Flip:Hahaha!
picture.php

My BT-016's got nice, warm and sticky!
picture.php

Wavex (David) and Cali rider (John) at Carlee's
picture.php

Some of the SoCal Riders Group local to San Diego that we joined with for lunch. Great bunch of hoons that Westgoingzax and I also ride with.
picture.php

Those of you that are local look for a SoCal ride in March being organized by Westgoingzax (Alex) on our forum.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/28487-march-2010-socal-ride.html

What a day!!!!:rockon:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hiccup! I dunno! double post...Hiccup!

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, that was some day!!! Best riding in a WHILE... I had an awesome time!!

Cliff I have a video of you going up Palomar... even though there were at least 2 cop cars up there and we were "taking it easy", it looks pretty cool... it's uploading right now...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
in the mean time, my pics:

The meeting point...

4355743272_a7954ccfaf_b.jpg

nccoder (Cliff):

4355743474_783aac7309_b.jpg

Cali Rider (John)
4355743624_ab81c0bb65_b.jpg

Me

4354999139_58abe8efed_b.jpg

Top of Palomar (John in front and Cliff digging in snow :confused: :BLAA:)

4355744342_e34a9ec992_b.jpg

4354999695_3e5d690261_b.jpg

4354999879_cdeeacabb9_b.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Lunch with a bunch of Cliff's friends (great ppl btw... for the anecdote, the guy to the right of the pic, with the white hair, is 60yo and goes to the track on a regular basis... he also crashed 3 expensive supersports in the past 4 years... he still owns a few... the last accident was in November 2009 when he totalled his Ducati 1198s and broke 3 ribs, his tibia and left shoulder, and oh yeah, punctured his lung...... he was ripping through the twisties today on his gixxer 1000!!! I say props!!!):

4355742872_1abb24e78d_b.jpg

The bottom of Montezuma... (one of my new favorite roads... passing an R1 on there feels good :D):

4355000313_f44bb36a65_b.jpg

4355000047_f329ffe368_b.jpg

4355742464_9cc1af9772_b.jpg

On the way home...

4355743126_e2a37572a1_b.jpg

2 day old BT016 are broken in :BLAA:

4355742632_f58b701f7c_b.jpg

Last edited:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man I loved the photos ... and yes, I am beyond jealous of the awesome sunny ride you guys had!!! :thumbup:

I am also very delighted to note your exquisite taste in color :D

Lunch with a bunch of Cliff's friends (great ppl btw... for the anecdote, the guy to the right of the pic, with the white hair, is 60yo and goes to the track on a regular basis... he also crashed 3 expensive supersports in the past 4 years... he still owns a few... the last accident was in November 2009 when he totalled his Ducati 1198s and broke 3 ribs, his tibia and left shoulder, and oh yeah, punctured his lung...... he was ripping through the twisties today on his gixxer 1000!!! I say props!!!):

You know when you ask little kids - "what do you want to become when you grow up?" - they all answer "a police officer" or "a firefighter" or "an astronaut" or something like that. If you ask me what I want to become - I would just say - "that guy in the quote above" :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
here come's cliff on his FZ6 going up Palomar, knowing that we know there are tons of cops watching the mountain... (yes, the quality sucks, my camera mount sucks, and my bike vibrates a lot :D)

map of the climb:

palomar-route-large.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89pxKMZV1wU]YouTube - nccoder ripping through Palomar 2/13/10[/ame]

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
@ 1:50 in the video we arrive to the straight away that a cop was watching from a lookout above (Cliff you didn't see to care too much lol)... you can see his car after the next corner on the right... (we saw him when we went down the mountain the first time...).

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
@ 1:50 in the video we arrive to the straight away that a cop was watching from a lookout above (Cliff you didn't see to care too much lol)... you can see his car after the next corner on the right... (we saw him when we went down the mountain the first time...).

Haha! Yeah the cop car is at 2:11 in the video. I remember coming around the turn and there he was but it was too late to do anything but see if he was going to light me up but he didn't so I figured we were okay. I think that was the same LEO that John was saying, was watching us come up the mountain through the switch backs. He was prolly a rider himself saying "Effit! If I have to work today I'm not writing!" Hahaha!

Awesome riding with you guys today. The faster was Montezuma where we were closer to the forces of inertia.

Thanks for the video Dave!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Way to go Cliff:cheer:. Videos are always much more entertaining when you know the folk in them...lol...well I think so anyhow. Thanks for the pics and vid guys. Looked like an awesome day out:thumbup:. Keep 'em coming..lol.:D

Cheers
Mike

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Another great day riding. I doubled the mileage on my ZX in one day..and think it's a wonderful bike.

We saw this at the top of the hill:
CM_95850.jpg

It's an Ariel Atom. Not normally street legal, he passed right by a few CHP cars without being pulled over.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
going down the hill cruising... nccoder, leading & Cali Rider in front of me: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzgmVSPC_es]YouTube - Cali Rider and nccoder going down Palomar[/ame]

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Awesome stuff, especially for a guy who has not been able to ride since the 1st week of Nov! Great visual FIX!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
going down the hill cruising... nccoder, leading & Cali Rider in front of me:

Yeah we we're at this point realizing there were LEO's all over but still hadn't seen one person pulled over.
Here are some pick's from Rick Clemson Photography on the South Grade of Palomar Mountain...