Fuel Primes but wont run.

US19D

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a '05 FZ6 and it was crashed a few years back but runs fine, until lately lol. I decided to go street fighter with it, havent changed any wireing or anything, just put a different exaust on it flipped the handle bars romoved all the fairings, it was running fine, even with the new pipe on it, then all of a sudden i tried to start it and could hear the fuel pump do its priming sound, then it would start and die after about 3 seconds, it does this everytime, doesnt matter if i give it throttle or not. when I give it throttle it revs up and then still dies after the 3 seconds. Any Ideas?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes you can disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, reconnect and solve the problem by resetting volatile memory in the ECU.

US19D

Reaction score
Visit site
I disconnected the battery for about an hour and still no luck. anybody think it could be ignition switch? like its not supplying power to fuel pump post start up? idk this is driving me crazy lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
if you're hearing the pump prime you probably okay as far as electrical supply.

I guess now the test of spark and fuel delivery would be the next places to look.
The plug wire assemblies are a PIA to get removed for a quick test but you may as well start looking. Before you do are you get a rich gas smell from your exhaust? If you're passing fuel on the intake and it's not firing you should smell raw fuel. If not you may have blockage or poor fuel pressure for some reason.

Are you trying to start it with the throttle wide open! Try it WOT.

US19D

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried with throttle open and without. it starts it just does after about 3 seconds every single time. I just looked and im getting Error code 30

US19D

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I feel like an idiot, when I was moving stuff around and re routing it i had the lean angle sensor upside down. Thanks for the help guys lol