Fueltank and Hoses

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Ok, So I've started on the Dual Headlight Mod tonight (The bd43 version), and I cam across this:

When I lift up the Fueltank, - I see 2 narrow hoses: The Fuel tank breather hose, and The Fuel tank drain hose, BUT ..
if I look under the Bike I've got 3 hoses comming out, - 2 of which are marked white and cut of in an angle, the third is unmarked and cut of straight.
If im reading the manual correctly, the unmarked should be the Drain Hose, and (I guess) one of the two white should be the Breather.

But whats the third hose?:confused:

My only bet is the Water pump breather hose, but I loose track of it when trying to trace it.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just a shot in the dark, but the overflow?

maybe one as a breather, one for a fuel overfill, and the 3rd to drain any water that gets in around the cap if it is out in the rain?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so are all 3 coming from the tank or you just see 3 at the bottom? if it is just 3 at the bottom then one is the coolant overflow.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, So I've started on the Dual Headlight Mod tonight (The bd43 version), and I cam across this:

When I lift up the Fueltank, - I see 2 narrow hoses: The Fuel tank breather hose, and The Fuel tank drain hose, BUT ..
if I look under the Bike I've got 3 hoses comming out, - 2 of which are marked white and cut of in an angle, the third is unmarked and cut of straight.
If im reading the manual correctly, the unmarked should be the Drain Hose, and (I guess) one of the two white should be the Breather.

But whats the third hose?:confused:

My only bet is the Water pump breather hose, but I loose track of it when trying to trace it.
Please can you post a picture, I am looking in the Haynes manual and there are three hoses.
The two you have mentioned and the fuel hose itself.

Nelly

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Please can you post a picture, I am looking in the Haynes manual and there are three hoses.
The two you have mentioned and the fuel hose itself.

Nelly

Ok. Let me refrace: From the tank there are 2 NARROW hoses (and of course the more bulky fuel hose). When I look under the bikr, I see 3 of these narrow hoses.
I have now managed to backtrace the 3 hose, - it ends just in front of the rear shock absorber (See attached pic).

Ya,- I know the pic i kinda har to decrypt, but its kinda hard to get a clear pic inthere.

Ive marked the tube with yellow.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Mate,
You have me stumped, I will have to go and look in the daylight.

Nelly

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Pics from manual:

Hi there,

Well the three hoses seen on the tank im ok with, - I know why they are there and what they do.

The two narrow hoses from the tank runs down through the bike and ends down by the center stand. However a third hose also ends here, and its the function of this third hose im asking about.
If you look at the pic I posted, you can se the third hose, thats I've tracked to end just in front of the rear shock absorber.