FZ6 coming off the road

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it sounds like a disaster? My employer will pay each employee 26p per mile to cycle. I live 3 miles away.
A full £09.36 a week. That my FZ6 gas paid for.
So what do you all think go for it or stay as I am?

Nelly

Last edited:
Re: FZ6 coming of the road

I say go for it. You'd get the benefit of saving money on fuel, getting exercise, and getting paid to do it to boot.

I live only 2.5 miles from work, and although it is a nice ride in, it's pretty much over before it starts. If my employer gave me this offer, I'd jump right on it.

X

Cant you just put pedels on your frame sliders and turn it off on the way into the parking lot?

pedal to work as much as you can then on the weekend take the money, fill up your fz6 with fuel and don't let the rpm's drop below 8k and dont feel guilty.

sounds fun, and i'd do it if I didn't commute 25 miles each way

No Nelly. Leave 60 minutes earlier and take the long way to work on the FZ6. Do the same for the ride home. You'll feel better with a couple hours a day in the seat! :D

Nelly I would definately do it, as has already been said your ride's over before it begins, your engine (and tires) have had no time to warm up so you're pretty restricted on your ride. I would definately take the bicycle if I worked that close to home. But don't forget to use that extra cash to fill up your bike and take it on a long run whenever possible :rockon:

By the way I thought Holland was the only country with these sort of incentives.

Thanks Guys,

I used to cycle all the time until I got the FZ6. It actually takes me only 10 minutes more cycling than on the bike. I will also get to listen to the radio on the way in.

Nelly

Go for the push bike...save your FZ for more satisfying rides, and it would also help, over time to keep that odometer reading down.

:Flash:

Hi Neil.

I agree, take the money, feel good for the exercise and treat the bike to an extra run a month... don't forget yourself in this:thumbup:

Mark

Great idea..wrong time of year..then again summer wasnt exactly the dryest on record..lol

Also its nice to see a company/employer taking the initiative

Get on the push bike Neil :spank: that arse into shape and slim down them saddle bags :rof: :rof:

Joking aside mate you know it make sence you will feel better in yourself for doing it.I am sure Norman will not mind as absence makes the heart grow fonder.:thumbup:

Wow, I wish my employer would pay me to cycle in! I ride in 27 km one way 2-3 times a week (takes me about an hour and 15 minutes), and I have to pay to park my bicycle in the bike cage in the underground parkade; $75 for the entire year. :( Not as expensive as parking a car or a motorcycle by any means, but annoying none the less!

If I were you, I'd definitely go for it! :thumbup:

Get on the push bike Neil :spank: that arse into shape and slim down them saddle bags :rof: :rof:

Joking aside mate you know it make sence you will feel better in yourself for doing it.I am sure Norman will not mind as absence makes the heart grow fonder.:thumbup:
Thanks for your ever encouraging and un waining support Gaz. I have actually lost a stone since you saw me last.
Actually on a serious note if you thought commuting on your motorcycle was hazardous then have a go on your old treader.
It is bloody scary.

Nelly

I have to pay to park my bicycle in the bike cage in the underground parkade; $75 for the entire year. :( Not as expensive as parking a car or a motorcycle by any means, but annoying none the less!

If I were you, I'd definitely go for it! :thumbup:

Is your employer related to Stalin by any chance?
I have really enjoyed it, I hadn't realised how cardiovascular unfit I had got since my children were born (I put on weight in sympathy with my wife lol). It costs me £5.00 for a key to the secure bike shed. Thats a one off payment and it covers the cost of the key to be cut.

Nelly

Last edited:
Great idea..wrong time of year..then again summer wasnt exactly the dryest on record..lol

Also its nice to see a company/employer taking the initiative
Riding in the rain has been..................................refreshing lol.
I couldn't believe it when I saw them advertise that one. Its all down to there green policy. God bless global warming.

Nelly

I do mate but Jim says that im worse than the cagers are when im on me cycle, especially when im heading home from work so i can go for a ride on the fz6. :D

I do mate but Jim says that im worse than the cagers are when im on me cycle, especially when im heading home from work so i can go for a ride on the fz6. :D
That was part of my problem on day one, I was still trying to overtake cars lol.

Nelly

ps Jim is probably right lol.

It isn't actually my employer that charges the parking fee, it's the company that owns the office building! Parking costs in downtown Calgary are insanely expensive right now, and I think it's just their way of making up for losing potential revenue from cars that could park where the bike cage is.

Glad you're enjoying the ride! It's the enjoyment of the ride home that gets me out of bed at stupid o'clock to make the ride in in the mornings!

what the heck? big 9 bucks big frikin deal,,,, if your not gonna ride it , ill buy it from yah :spank: there made to be work horses ,

Back