FZ6 Fazer vs. MT-07/Tracer 700

lszl

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

It might not be the right place to talk about this topic, but I thought I’d share my dilemma. Maybe I can start a conversation and get some insights from you. So, here we go..

Basically I can’t make up my mind whether I should buy a Tracer 700 or an older FZ6 Fazer. This will be my first road bike (I have off road experience) and I need it mainly for touring/commuting. Now here comes the interesting part..

I love high rev engines, especially the sound of them. For me a bike should be fun acoustically as well as how fun it is to ride. Now, I’m just not convinced that a parallel twin engine would give me goosebumps when riding. I watched tons of reviews and everybody is praising that 700cc engine in the Tracer. I understand that for everyday ride a torquey engine is a better option. When it comes to the Fazer, I’d get an amazing engine which sounds lovely and it is a faster bike.

What do you guys think? My brain is with the Tracer, but my heart says Fazer.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
You'd need an aftermarket pipe to make the FZ6 sound nice.

I've not ridden the 07, but I have ridden the 09. In comparison to my FZ6, I was massively disappointed. Slightly more grunt, but overall power, definitely not much better.

I can't imagine the 07 fairing much better in comparison. I personally would go with the FZ6.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fun factor vs actual needs. In town in traffic perhaps less shifting but I'd go for the I4 for the same reasons. Sounds great, but as stated you'll need an aftermarket exhaust.
I did the suspension first and then exhaust but thats me.

gbose

Reaction score
Visit site
Iszl

Are you really asking a bunch of FZ6 enthusiasts whether you should get one or go with a different bike :Flash:

And yes, you won't get much exhaust sound from a Fazer with a stock exhaust; I personally kind of like it, but my other bike is a Harley, so I get lots of sound there

GBose