privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently bought my 06 fz6 love every bit of it, unfortunately laid her down a couple days ago due to a complete lack of signs on the roadcrews behalf at night with a torn up section of road.
Any way though since most of the damage occured to me and the headlight fairing i really want to do a true naked style or even streetfighter style headlight set up was looking for something with decent visibility decent price and if at all possible something with a cowl to cover up the instrument cluster.

Really liked the few setups ive seen with acerbis headlights but ive also read they are not bright enough for road use.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
just search "naked" in advanced search in the titles only and you'll find ALL the info you need.

As for doing it, I'd ride it (scuffed up) for a bit before you dump more money into it. Got frame sliders?

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
no havent put frame sliders on it yet, definately investing in some got really lucky this time but not going to assume it will always happen the way it did.
thanks for the advice

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
yea, being new, the best advice that we always see on the forum is to get frame sliders to avoid drop damage and then to ride it. You will probably drop it again, even in a parking lot standing still...we've all done it. :thumbup:

wear the proper gear and you'll get up and be mad at the bike but not bleeding. I've watched two riders go down in front of me and get up unscathed because of full riding gear. :)

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Recently bought my 06 fz6 love every bit of it, unfortunately laid her down a couple days ago due to a complete lack of signs on the roadcrews behalf at night with a torn up section of road.
Any way though since most of the damage occured to me and the headlight fairing i really want to do a true naked style or even streetfighter style headlight set up was looking for something with decent visibility decent price and if at all possible something with a cowl to cover up the instrument cluster.

Really liked the few setups ive seen with acerbis headlights but ive also read they are not bright enough for road use.

:welcome: Sorry to hear about the bang up, glad to see you are relatively ok :D

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks man been on two wheels my whole life, but never before encountered a road torn up i guess awaiting fresh pavenment without a single sign.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: too bad about your crack up but glad to hear you made it out ok and the bike isnt too badly damaged

Have you informed the local government about your situation and the fact it was unmarked? possible compensation?

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
honestly i applied alot of thought to it and the next day went back to take pictures and more signs were put up and the correct ones, thinking the call i placed to 911 had something to do about the sudden step up in road signs and precautions. im currently a criminal justice major and know that the process of going through all this to get a couple hundred bucks is not worth it. im a mechanic by hobby so i enjoy doing the work, actually very excited that i have a good winter project that i dont have to worry about running on a daily basis, got my boosted civic for that :)

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooh boosted civics are fun. My friend is transplanting his boosted GSR into an EG hatch as his winter project:thumbup: Good luck with the naked conversion. What size are the Acerbis lights? Could you fit HIDs in like people have been doing with the stock lights? That would solve the light problem. The ones everyone has been using for the stock lights have their own contained projectors so you can use them in reflector housings.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably still a good idea to put through a complaint even if your not claiming, its possible they only put the signs up due to your call which is pretty pathetic and could lead to someone else having a more serious accident if they do it again.

Just my 2c

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'd file a complaint somewhere. Matter of fact that reminds me I've been meaning to talk to the manager at my bank; its on the sole entrance road to where I live and they sprinkle at night with a broken sprinkler that sprays completely across the road in the middle of a turn, covering it with water. Surprises me every time I come back from the night shift at work expecting typical dry desert road.