FZ6 S Fazer 78 HP to 98 HP re-set

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
Reading the comments I see that the "throtthe weel" is different on my bike.
It looks the small piece is closer on mine that normal 98HP modells.

It's that mean I only need a 98HP model throtthe wheel?
y06fzs6v10.jpg

'cause it looks on normal bikes the stopper is placed at the red point and on mine is at the blue point! Am I right? :eyebrow:

y06fzs6v110.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading the comments I see that the "throtthe weel" is different on my bike.
It looks the small piece is closer on mine that normal 98HP modells.

It's that mean I only need a 98HP model throtthe wheel?
y06fzs6v10.jpg

'cause it looks on normal bikes the stopper is placed at the red point and on mine is at the blue point! Am I right? :eyebrow:

y06fzs6v110.jpg

If you look at the first and second pic's on my post, #20, you can see the throttle closed and then fully opened literally up against the stop. The "wheel" has a tab that points inward and your picture shows a different cable holding/throttle stop as well...

Last edited:

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it's different because I haven't found the exact technical drawing and part on the Net.
I'm trying to get somebody who is selling used parts and get a working used 98HP full mechanic. (marked with red on #6)

Or any other suggestion?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello NorCal FZ6!
Is your model 78 HP version too?

Sorry to thread nab.... But i thought this would be roughly within topic. Not 100%... trying to make that determination. I will be getting another dyno within the next few weeks to have some sort of base. In light of bike is basically stock.

Last edited:

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a FZ6 98HP.
Here is the difference:

img2012101500021vs.jpg

98HP working:
img2012101500023full.jpg

It looks the wheel is what I need! :cheer:

Last edited:

DHoback

Reaction score
Visit site
This is one of the reasons europe is gay! Just kidding mates.... The wheel can not be purchased by itself. You will have to finf a used throttle assy. I would just grind the tab down and make my own stop. Hell of the alot cheaper easier solution. Slainte!

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is a US version 2007...

I just took some pictures of my throttle stop, open and closed. It does appear to move 90 degree's as it should for full opening.It has NOT been modified.

The last two pic's are from another poster's 78 HP version(different post).

Comparing pictures, it seems that not is the actual stop(that bolts to the TB) different, but the TB shaft end is somewhat different as well...

the last 2 pics are from my bike -- that is a 33kw (restricted) its factory restricted its not 78 bhp however that model comes with 2 stops (the 1st stop is restricted giving only 10mm from moving stop to plate ) so i dont know if its 78 or 98 i presume 78 ill have to take some new pics for this thread

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You could take the air box cover off and look at the throttle bodies. If the butterflies are perpendicular to the opening at full throttle, then you're getting all of it since the opening couldn't possibly get any bigger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Exactly what I was thinking. . . Lift the tank, pull the 6 screws and look. From here all you do is twist the grip. If the throttle blade turns 90 degrees you see the blades edge. Any less and you see a whole lotta brass.

With air box cover off:
picture.php

With entire air box off:
picture.php

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly what I was thinking. . . Lift the tank, pull the 6 screws and look. From here all you do is twist the grip. If the throttle blade turns 90 degrees you see the blades edge. Any less and you see a whole lotta brass.

With air box cover off:
picture.php

With entire air box off:
picture.php

---OFF---
How is called this thing? I would like to buy too.
user15974pic88721341336.jpg

---ON---

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that they would put a throttle opening limiter to restrict a 98 hp engine to 78 hp...what a waste! Must be a Euro-thing. :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that they would put a throttle opening limiter to restrict a 98 hp engine to 78 hp...what a waste! Must be a Euro-thing. :D
It is an European thing, It's to do with the license and training criteria to obtain the holy grail..... a full license.

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
tiszanagyfalu2012101900.jpg

Here are the throttle wheels. I successfully replaced to a 98HP one (boughts used parts for 25$. Installed with my friend in 2 hours (some help needed).
Thats all!

Any other modification needed?
(I heared something that is not enough?! :rolleyes: But I suppose this is just marketing bulls$t comes from reseller to go to him and pay 150$ for job)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to know the secrets out.

You can bend the first tab, replace the plate or if your really anal, cut that tab off altogether.

Thanks for the posts / info guys! :rockon:

Last edited:

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! 'cause I would like to sell the bike (maybe this winter) and I wanted to keep the original parts.

I'm just looking for some verification that's all what I had to do.
No other things, ECU reflash.. or other mods...

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! 'cause I would like to sell the bike (maybe this winter) and I wanted to keep the original parts.

I'm just looking for some verification that's all what I had to do.
No other things, ECU reflash.. or other mods...

but you changed the part to a 98hp "wheel" , so that statement makes no sense about keeping original parts and all u have to do is bend the stop back again to its original position if your selling it that would take another 30 seconds to do

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
true mate its just splitting hairs , was just suggesting a quicker and more logical alternative as he said himself it took 2 people 2 hours to put on a part that isnt original or necessary also cost him money - so it will take the same man power and time to put the old one back on when hes selling it , but each to there own he can do what he wants its only 2 hours :thumbup: id of took the 30 second approach which didnt cost 25 lids myself , which is what i did do :BLAA: its all good :iconbeer:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site

With air box cover off:
picture.php

With entire air box off:
picture.php

This is exactly what I did. Since I was putting in a new K&N filter. Butterflies perpendicular. Thanks for the input fellas. Will still be getting the Dyno. Very appreciated.

Last edited: